The Student Room Group

UEA (Norwich) Medicine Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hermi1
Is the UEA MMI similar to St. George's? (As in it's structured, with one question per station etc)

Yes, it's an OSCE-style interview, with one question per station but they can always ask more if they want :smile:
so two questions....

1. do they ask follow-up questions at each station, if you don't fill up 5 minutes with an answer??
2. At these interviews, are all candidates equal with a clean slate, or do they add scores from MMI to a score from personal statement/ukcat/academic results??
Reply 382
Got invited to interview on Wed, but Says Registration closed on all the interviews....??
I had to wait untill the weekend to find out which date I could do, all the interviews can't have gone can they?
Reply 383
Original post by GlynnT
Got invited to interview on Wed, but Says Registration closed on all the interviews....??
I had to wait untill the weekend to find out which date I could do, all the interviews can't have gone can they?

I would contact admissions if I were you, maybe the "shut down" registration rather than the dates having actually been filled up? :smile:
Original post by i'm the daddy!
so two questions....

1. do they ask follow-up questions at each station, if you don't fill up 5 minutes with an answer??
2. At these interviews, are all candidates equal with a clean slate, or do they add scores from MMI to a score from personal statement/ukcat/academic results??

I did MMI last year and once you'd answered the question you could sit there in silence until it was time to go, if you wanted you could ask questions which I did but there was no obligation whatsoever
Not sure about your 2nd question east anglia havent given much information away as regards to their process
Original post by KeepMovingForward
I did MMI last year and once you'd answered the question you could sit there in silence until it was time to go, if you wanted you could ask questions which I did but there was no obligation whatsoever
Not sure about your 2nd question east anglia havent given much information away as regards to their process

sounds awful - they have a question to ask, and if you answer it in 2 minutes, you could have to put up with silence for 3 minutes potentially?
sounds awful - they have a question to ask, and if you answer it in 2 minutes, you could have to put up with silence for 3 minutes potentially?

In my memory theres only one or 2 that you finish quick and its usually only a minute its fine cos u can just relax and mentally prepare for the next one and the facilitator just does their own thing
so two questions....

1. They carried on questioning me.
2. No idea, sorry! :smile:
Reply 388
Original post by GlynnT

I found the exact same thing :s-smilie: I also had to wait to find out which dates i could do...Just call them tomorrow and see what happens.
Reply 389
Has any international student received an interview date yet? They told me I got an interview more than a week ago, but they've yet to specify when!!
Original post by itank28
Has any international student received an interview date yet? They told me I got an interview more than a week ago, but they've yet to specify when!!

Same:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by itank28

Im not international, but i got a list of possible dates to select an interview from. Try logging into your MyUEA or whatever it was called account. There should be a place to register for an interview.

See above post. Hope it helps and congrats on getting an interview :smile:
Does anyone know if UEA have given out all of their interviews yet? Feel like a rejections coming up :frown:
Original post by exclusive110
Does anyone know if UEA have given out all of their interviews yet? Feel like a rejections coming up :frown:

I doubt it as I'm pretty sure there were still interview dates not booked up, good luck :smile:
Original post by joker12345
I doubt it as I'm pretty sure there were still interview dates not booked up, good luck :smile:

Wooh there's hope :colondollar: Have you received an interview yet?
Original post by exclusive110
Wooh there's hope :colondollar: Have you received an interview yet?

Yep, hope isn't gone till UCAS updates! And I've booked it for the 4th Jan, pretty scared already considering their interview:redface:ffer ratio ...
Reply 397
Original post by thehellogracias
Im not international, but i got a list of possible dates to select an interview from. Try logging into your MyUEA or whatever it was called account. There should be a place to register for an interview.

did they send you an email saying interview dates are now available for you to choose before giving you the myUEA thing? because they sent me an email saying:I can confirm that you have been successfully shortlisted for an interview. We are currently investigating an option to interview abroad, alongside a couple of interview dates in the UK. We will contact you shortly with a choice of interview dates and locations.

but they didn't give me anything called myUEA? So am I supposed to wait for another email? or did they give me myUEA account before and it's just I forgot?
Original post by yayah917
did they send you an email saying interview dates are now available for you to choose before giving you the myUEA thing? because they sent me an email saying:I can confirm that you have been successfully shortlisted for an interview. We are currently investigating an option to interview abroad, alongside a couple of interview dates in the UK. We will contact you shortly with a choice of interview dates and locations.

but they didn't give me anything called myUEA? So am I supposed to wait for another email? or did they give me myUEA account before and it's just I forgot?

Must've been given in your acknowledgement email. Check again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else booked their interview for the 24th January? Mines at 9.50! Excited for it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending