The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Anyone on a waiting list for Edinburgh (2006 entry)?

Hi everyone,
Not sure it's very likely there's anyone in the same position as me- I'm on the waiting list for Veterinary Science at Edinburgh. I REALLY would love to go there- it's my first choice but they rejected me and put me on the waiting list. I've got another offer (Liverpool) that I have to reply to by 5th May so I need to hear from Edinburgh before then, otherwise I could end up with no offers at all EVER!
Grrr anyone else still waiting? Anyone planning not to take up their offer for Vet Med?!:p:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
whats the waiting list ? sounds hella confusing.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Wow, you declined Cambridge! Don't see that on many signatures:smile:!
Reply 3
bluerose
Wow, you declined Cambridge! Don't see that on many signatures:smile:!

Ditto. Why did you decline Cambridge? :eek:
Reply 4
*joins in the shock* :eek:

Anyhow I have a friend (int'l applicant) who's still waiting on a decision on his medicine (A100?) application.

Hang tight! :biggrin:
Cambridge isn't seen as very good for vet med (it's not great for med either) a lot of vets decline cambridge offers.

Most of the med decisions went out on tuesday (that's when i got mine) but i know of one international still waiting....
Reply 6
Update: My friend (an international applicant) received his offer today.

Needless to say, he's on top of the world to have secured 1 of 16 places available for intl students. The other 3 unis he applied to rejected him (Kings, Cambridge, and St. Georges).
Reply 7
Hi again- STILL waiting lol I'll call up Edinburgh again when their term starts on 24th, then I've got a week of badgering them before I settle for Liverpool instead! Yep, the Cambridge thing- if I'd have been applying for a different subject I would probably have gone there (if I'd got in) but it doesn't compare in the same way to other Unis for Veterinary Science, it might be top of the field for lots of subjects but it's fair to middlin for vets! Was a tough choice but think Liverpool would be a more exciting place to live- a little bit more state school friendly, and a better representation of 'the real world'! The Liverpool course is also ACE, as is Edinburgh, not much to choose between them but my heart is still set on Edinburgh.
Reply 8
Congrats to your friend by the way- ACE!
Reply 9
Lucyvet2006
Congrats to your friend by the way- ACE!

I'll pass it on... :gthumb:
Reply 10
heyy...
hahaa. hang in there alright. there's still some time!

i got a place in edin vet med! *the reality of it hasn't really rubbed on.
so i say. keep faith. and i'll happily give up my place for you if i don't get the scholarship to go over! (i'm intl btw) so yea!.

*keep your head up. alrights.
Lucyvet2006
Hi again- STILL waiting lol I'll call up Edinburgh again when their term starts on 24th, then I've got a week of badgering them before I settle for Liverpool instead!

term starts tomorrow, on the 17th :smile:
Reply 12
:eek: Thanks a lot- I'd thought it was 24th! My god what am I going to say?!?! I sooooooooo want to go :eek:
Reply 13
have you heard back yet?

if not, phone them and ask them what's what, explain your situation (tell them how much you wish to go there, just to butter them up :wink: ) and let us all know how you get on!
Reply 14
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY I'm IN !!!!!!!!!!

Rang up again on Friday about 4, I was told they were having a meeting that afternoon (by the man who I THINK was the one who didn't seem to like me much in my interview!) and they would let people know on Monday. Then he rang back about 4:45 saying I have a place! I think he must already have known when I phoned the first time the cheeky ...

MAN I'm so excited- n its AAB in any order so there's no way I'm going to allow myself to not get the grades!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 15
THAT IS SOOOO GOOOD!

well done!

you can come join the edinburgh students soc now, if you want!

what accom you going to apply for?
Reply 16
i accepted you into the society!
Huzzah
^^

That looked so much more impressive when I had written it in caps but the forum changed it. Guh.
Reply 19
Hehe cheers :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I'm not sure about accomodation, think I should go up and look at half term or just pick now because the later I leave it the less I'm likely to get somewhere I choose? I definately want self-catering but apart from that I'm not all that fussy, probably prefer to live in a 6 bedroom flat rather than 3 but I'll take what I get!
Probably going to go for somewhere near George Square, Darroch Court, New Arthur Place, Robertson's Close- somewhere like that? It's a bit of a blind guess but it seems like it's near town, not far from the vet bit but not right nextdoor- I thought South Clerk Street might be full of vets + it would be nice to mix with people from all different courses as I'll meet the vets anyway. Also close to facilities like the sport centre, the pleasance etc I think?
Any advice would be great- thanks xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending