The Student Room Group

Help- advice needed! I missed my clearing slot today!

I have recently been accepted into my local University- yesterday I received this message-
So that your offer can be confirmed on UCAS we need you to add a line to your UCAS application through clearing for L500 Social Work. We have to do this as your UCAS record is used to generate your enrolment details for the University.

As we are not in clearing for Social Work the only way that this can be done is to open the course temporarily.

I have arranged for L500 to be opened this Friday 31st August from 10.00am to 11.00am.

Please can you go online to your UCAS track and add the line through clearing. Please can you email me on Friday to confirm that this has been done.

If you are not able to do this on Friday please let me know immediately as we will need to rearrange.

Thank you...........................

***** MY INTERNET WENT DOWN!*********** I tried to add my choice but no joy, i tried to contact the university but no joy.... have I lost me place I feel sick with worry!!!!!

All sensible advice and guidance apprrciated :smile:
Reply 1
I'm guessing because it's late, you can't call up UCAS? Likewise with your university? Do you have any relatives/friends with internet access that can help you resolve it?
Reply 2
Yep my internet is back up now :/ im worried that they will cancel the offer :/ as the UCAS website is now down for essential maintainance.... I have emailed the Uni and UCAS... I feel sick with worry... do you think if i phone them Monday and explain my place will still be open? I got through on the reserve list...
Reply 3
UCAS track is still currently live for me. Are you sure it's offline? Go to this link http://ucas.com/students/track/ and click on 'log in to track' and enter your details. Then do whatever you need to do asap!
Reply 4
yep, I can get on.... but cannot add my clearing choice, as they were going to open it up especially for me today so I can add my code on an extra line that they were going to create.... as my previous application to my Uni I have been offered a place on track is marked as unsuccessful.... ( as I was unsuccessful but on the reserve list and offered a place late)
so I can get on and find my uni by=ut when I try to add the course it is not there as it's previously been marked as unsuccessful.... do you catch my drift? In a nut shell they offered me a slot to add my choice (which is previously marked for that Uni and unsucessful) specifically between 10 am and 11am today, I confirmed to say I could make that time and missed my slot as my internet went down.... so now the website is saying that it will be closed for general maintainance on the 1st of Sept im speculationg that that will be to update who hasnt got back and then they will offer those spare places to others.... I'm guessing that I just sit tight and call them first thing on Monday....:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending