The Student Room Group
Reply 1
probably the credit of the MBA goes to the USA,
however now this curriculum is adopted the world over,:smile:
Reply 2
Still we have libraries filled up with management how to in the US,

However how did it all take place or started here in the UK, i still do not see any big 3 automobiles makers from the UK, or the big oil apart from the northern ones, and LSE has stakeholders from everyone to a company owned by American Express.
Was it the dearth of MBA qualified managers that led to the demise of once proud British engineering and related service industry?
Reply 3
wikipedia
MBA programs in the UK differ from those in the United States, in that students typically have significantly more work and managerial experience than their American counterparts. This allows mature students to add the benefit of their work and life experiences to be shared with other students. Because of this, many full-time MBA programmes in the UK typically last one academic year (as compared with two academic years in the United States, and at older UK MBA programs, such as those at London Business School and Manchester Business School).

The UK Government announced in its April 2004 budget that persons holding an MBA degree from the world's top fifty business schools will be entitled to work in the UK for one year. After this year has elapsed, they are likely to qualify for the UK's Highly Skilled Migrant Programme. This, in effect, means that an MBA from one of the top schools is a ticket to UK residency status.

Look at me. I can use the interweb.
Reply 4
galactic_star
Still we have libraries filled up with management how to in the US,

However how did it all take place or started here in the UK, i still do not see any big 3 automobiles makers from the UK, or the big oil apart from the northern ones, and LSE has stakeholders from everyone to a company owned by American Express.
Was it the dearth of MBA qualified managers that led to the demise of once proud British engineering and related service industry?

If you'd like to find us some more oil in British territory, I'm sure they'd be very grateful to know about it!
galactic_star

Nope, it was the tiger economies that killed british engineering off.
Reply 6
ChemistBoy
Nope, it was the tiger economies that killed british engineering off.

Can you please elaborate on this stuff, rather sentence.:smile:
galactic_star
Can you please elaborate on this stuff, rather sentence.:smile:

Provision of engineering and services by China and south east asia economies at reduced prices.
Reply 8
ChemistBoy
Provision of engineering and services by China and south east asia economies at reduced prices.

That is contradictory that the technologies were learnt from the British themselves, weren’t they.
galactic_star
That is contradictory that the technologies were learnt from the British themselves, weren’t they.

It is even funnier that British Engineers are actually emmigrating to these countries to work!

Latest

Trending

Trending