The Student Room Group

do you go to all girls/boys school?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I went to an all girls school from years 7-11 and it was SO bitchy. I was bullied for the duration of my time there and it was horrible, and my form tutors in year 7, 8 and 9 didn't really care. Luckily most of the teachers were nice, so they helped me out in year 11 when some other things happened, but there was a point where I would go home crying every day. However, my sister still goes there and she loves it, so I guess it just depends where on the popularity scale you are.

Now I'm at an all boys school for sixth form, as they let girls in the sixth form, and I love it. Everyone is really nice, and I've made some really great friends! You get the occasional year 7/8/9 asking you out, but apart from that, it's brilliant. Deciding to move there was the best decision of my life, and I wouldn't change it for the world. I'm just dreading when I have to leave, I've been there for five months, and I have better friends there than I did at the school I was at for five years!
Reply 61
I go to an all girls school, and then in the same town there is the all boys school which my brother went to. They both have mixed sixth forms so it's alright actually, I've experienced both and it's pretty much the same kind of experience.
Reply 62
i find this whole "girls can be really bitchy" argument really annoying. bitchiness depends who you surround yourself with. from yr 7-9 i dealt with bitchiness a LOT but then i just stopped being friends with the girls who caused it. since then i havent had a single argument or fall out and have the strongest group of friends and absolutely no bitchiness. if there is (rarely) an issue we just SAY instead of going behind each others backs, then its quickly resolved and back to normal. I think being at a girls school definitely makes you more confident and it can be a really relaxed atmosphere. at the end of the day, its down to what you're like as a person, but it is no where near as hard to just remove yourself from drama as people make out. and trust me, from all my friends at mixed schools, its seems they have it worse because boys can be very bitchy too.
Yeah omg i go to an all girls, i changed from mixed this september. XD
There are always going to be people who are bitchy either ways!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went to an all girls private school for yrs 7 -9.
And I hated it so much, it was terribly bitchy, and in general an awfully judgmental, prejudice and beyond boring atmosphere where they felt the need to cause their own drama as there was nothing else going on.
I left, and spent yr 10 and 11 at a mixed comprehensive:smile: It's a much healthier diverse atmosphere, I'd no way recommend single sex.
Let me tell you this, there is bitchiness everywhere.
Mixed schools: there is some girl drama, boys stir it all, there ends up being a fight.

Sixth form is more relaxed about boys/girls mixing. Its not like *gasp* 'did you see Lily on toms lap'
People are just more mature

I've always been to a mixed school ^_^
Reply 66
Original post by tamil4

And yeah I haven't developed any social skills through single-sex education so i haven't had a proper long convo with a guy in years! I'm dreading when I go to Uni, being around boys will feel so weird!

I experienced this from the other side and it is a bit weird if I'm honest.

Some girls from all girls, not all by any means, really don't seem to know how to handle just talking to guys, and seem to veer swiftly from flirty to silent, without much of the normal conversation middle ground!

Guys from single sex seemed to struggle less, but maybe I just didn't notice it, and some of them weren't that comfortable just talking to girls, they'd try to impress them constantly for the first few months.
Reply 67
all boys school - it's a shame really, don't really have many girls as friends. I wish I did :frown:
Reply 68
I've been at an all girl's school since year 7 and I'm still there for sixth form. Yes its a bit bitchy but since then, all the dumb, bitchy slags have left because they didn't get into the sixth form (lol), so the majority of girls are mature people fortunately. If I do go to university, it will be a bit weird being around boys but I think it will be fun :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending