The Student Room Group

10 years since school

Hi, my name is Paul. I have just decided that I want to distance learn A levels in Maths and Physics. It has been 10 years since i toook my GCSE's but I consider myself to be quite intelligent and have a passion for both subjects. Does anybody think that 10 years might be too large a gap, do you think it might just be a bit too much to ask of myself? I have had enough of plodding along through life in a dead end job, I regret not doing this much earlier but I was young and convinced myself that working was the right thing to do. Hopefully my A levels will be only the beginning of a new start in life.
Reply 1
hi paul
it's never too late.

there are so many resources on the internet (examsolutions for A levels, khan academy, MIT)

the only difference between you and that grade is how much effort, time , and commitment you want to put in?

is this something you want bad enough?

then just do it mate.
Reply 3
Cheers pal. It is something I really want, the short term goal would be to do as well as possible and progress towards a degree. I have no doubt that I will place all the effort and time I have available. I suppose a response like that was all I was looking for. Just feeling a little nervous I suppose (what if I can't do it etc.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending