The Student Room Group

How much is your car insurance and

Scroll to see replies

22, £1100 tpft on rover 25
23, £920
24, £650
25, £350, fully comp swift cover
26, £520, swift cover, toyota celica
27, £720 sky insurance, toyota celica (changed because I modified the car and swift cover wouldn't touch it due to adjusting the suspension)

I have a quote for next year that will be approx £300 lower with the same car as it stands so I will be taking up a policy with that insurer when I am able to

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 21
Original post by Yawn11
When you drive you learn that the stereotype of "women drivers" isn't an inaccurate depiction. So the fact that their insurance is so much cheaper really disgusts me. I can't wait for when things are equal.

Let's not go over board.

I think they look at the statistics to warrant more expensive insurance for males. It's harsh, but those are the statistics for you, apparently males are more likely to have an accident. I would be very surprised if they decided to make things equal, and if the gov made it law, I bet women's insurance would just rise. I doubt men's would fall.
Original post by Son234
BMW 116 series 06 I'm 19 £1600 :-)

WOWW!! That is a deal especially for a type of car like BMW how did u get it that cheap for BMW and what insurance group you on? :smile:
£644 fully comp on a 1.4 corsaaa I'm 20 with no NCB
Reply 24
Original post by Emma:-)
My car insurance this year was £350. I am 21, and i have a hyundai getz (when i first took out the policy i had a nissan micra- and had to pay £30 when i changed the car).

Hello
Which insurance have you got? How did you manage to pay only 350 pounds for a year?

Thanks
Reply 25
Original post by maree30
My insurance is £647. I drive a Peugeot 206 and i'm 26. I have had my licence for 4 years but not driven until recently so have no claims bonus which is why I think its so much.

Hello

I am 26 and I did not use car at all in the last 4 years, but the insurance what I looked so expensive for me. Have you got an idea which company shall I use it?
Exactly the same situation like yours. No Luck :angry:

Thanks
Csilla
It is not fair for the government to make car insurance obligatory. You should always have the option to pay for any damage yourself.
Reply 27
Original post by JC.
'67 GT6 is around £175 fully comp
'67 Midget is around £140 fully comp well... £11.76 a month.
'75 MGB GT V8 is around £120 fully comp.

I'm 26.

Hello

I am 26 and no luck whatsoever. Could you please tell how did you do that?

Thanks
Csilla
Reply 28
Original post by csilla09
Hello

I am 26 and no luck whatsoever. Could you please tell how did you do that?

Thanks
Csilla

Pick up the phone and shop around.
Original post by csilla09
Hello
Which insurance have you got? How did you manage to pay only 350 pounds for a year?

Thanks

My insurance is with aviva. And ive only got 3rd party fire and theft inurance. Ive got 2 years no claims, so that helped a bit.
Ive got to admit even i was surprised by how cheap it was (dont think it will be quite that cheap next year), as the other quotes i was getting where like £500 ish.
My insurance is £130 a month with ingenie. I have an 07 citroen c1, first time driver, fully comp in a high risk postcode

Reply 31
Im looking at getting 1.6 ford fiesta Zetec for 17 got a quote for £1700 as i have 1 year moped no claims
Works well
£2000 for the car as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending