The Student Room Group

Declaring qualifications on UCAS gained outside school?

Just a quick question-

I'm having trouble finding a way to enter qualifications (such as ABRSM Music and Duke of Edinburgh) that I got outside school, on my UCAS form.

I can't figure out how to enter these as individual ones, and not as part of my school.

Any suggestions?
Reply 1
Alas, none.
Reply 2
Couldn't you just put them in your personal statement?
No there is a way, it's there when adding qualifications. I did it myself for similar extra curricular qualifications.
Reply 4
Original post by Jammy4410
Couldn't you just put them in your personal statement?

Yeah, I could include some, but as I'm applying to do Music, I'd have to enter the music grades as they'd be part of the uni entry requirements...
Reply 5
Original post by arandomstudent
No there is a way, it's there when adding qualifications. I did it myself for similar extra curricular qualifications.

I heard that choosing "other" on the 'add qualifications' list, and then entering the qualifications manually was a way round it? Not sure how true that is though.
Reply 6
Original post by GreenBottle
I heard that choosing "other" on the 'add qualifications' list, and then entering the qualifications manually was a way round it? Not sure how true that is though.

no that's exactly right. Go on 'other' and click on the qualifications you want to enter.
it's what it's there for.
Reply 7
Original post by Nice.Guy
no that's exactly right. Go on 'other' and click on the qualifications you want to enter. it's what it's there for.

If I do that, it still appears under my school? Maybe I'm just being slow today.. ehhrgh
Reply 8
If I do that, it still appears under my school? Maybe I'm just being slow today.. ehhrgh

Oh i see what you're saying... but what's wrong with that? I think it's pretty obvious you took them outside of school, besides, that's what I did... :dontknow:

I know there's a user on here called Minerva who is a genius at application questions, ask her if you're still unsure :wink:
Reply 9
Original post by Nice.Guy
Oh i see what you're saying... but what's wrong with that? I think it's pretty obvious you took them outside of school, besides, that's what I did... :dontknow:

I know there's a user on here called Minerva who is a genius at application questions, ask her if you're still unsure :wink:

Ahh, thanks anyway- I'll just leave it as it is for the time being. :smile:

Yes it appears under the school, I'm pretty sure that's fine. At least, that's how I and everyone at my school did it last year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending