The Student Room Group

hate my own company! how do you spend time alone?

I'm in my second year of uni. I have plenty of friends but now things actually count and people have work to do, it means i'm having to spend time on my own. This is only the 2nd week of term and already i am so unbearably bored.

Because i do a BA my timetable is awful, i've got the next 2 days off. Apart from some reading which will take an hour tops i haven't a clue what i am going to do. Most of my friends do things like Medicine, Law, Engineering, Biomed which have a lot more hours/work so they will often be at lectures or in their rooms working. I do have a job but now they've recruited a load of christmas temps, i'm getting less hours.

I've spent my summer either working or within a group of people and there were very few moments when i was by myself, apart from sleeping. I'm not used to it and i don't like it. Being on my own gives me time to overthink things and focus on whats wrong in my life instead of what is going well.

What do people do when they're on their own? I'm going to join the gym, but thats all i can really think of..
Reply 1
Since I graduated in May I've been by myself aside from the very odd occasion (say, once a month where I go out to meet with friends.

I have several personal projects on the go which take up a lot of time so I don't often get that bored even if I spent most weeks by myself. :P

So I suppose the answer is to get some hobbies which don't rely on other people.
Reply 2
Masturbate
Reply 3
Hey I kind of know how you feel. I spent the whole summer pretty much with my boyfriend, other friends or working - was never alone. Now i've come back to uni and I feel so lonely! I do the same aswell - overthink because i've got too much time by myself and focus on all the negative stuff :frown:

The only things I can really think of are getting stuck into essays/ read a good book/ skype or call friends from home. Not much help really :P

Feel free to pm me if you want to chat :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending