The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Weigh-in went fine. Hopkins told calzaghe he would burst his heart out or something lmao, Amir Khan got a good reception too.
Reply 781
<CJ>
I was tempted by it as well, and one day just thought bugger it i'l do it. But found out my freeview box didn't have a correct slot or something, so woud've have to pay £30 or more to get one of these boxes, so didn't bother in the end. Have you checked to see if yours is compatible?

I was planning to get it on my Sky Digibox, you get the second channel as well. The Man Utd game will in on in 15 mins, and thats tempting me, but I just think the connection fee aint worth it.
Can't find anywhere local to watch it so going to try and find some place to hear it
I cant watch it, I have work early tomorrow dammit!

I hope Joe doesn't just beat him, but thrashes him.
Radio 5 live will have commentary as will radio wales cwymru (however you spell it).

BBC will probably show the fight in a few days anyway. You all know it's gonna be on around 3 am right?
mdarwish01

BBC will probably show the fight in a few days anyway. You all know it's gonna be on around 3 am right?

4am at the earliest :p:

Tank up on caffeine people, it'll be a long night.
Does anyone know if it's going to be shown on BBC afterwards like Maccarinelli/Haye, Mayweather/Hatton and indeed Calzaghe/Kessler?
Reply 787
I'm having trouble convincing people to stay up late and go to the bar with me. I woke up at 15.30 today and went to the gym so I'm prepared for tonight's session.
I'm about to get a few hours sleep right now otherwise I might not be able to last the distance.

Should be an awesome fight. Come on Bhop (in round 10), otherwise Come on Calzaghe!
Reply 789
Synergetic
I'm about to get a few hours sleep right now otherwise I might not be able to last the distance.

Should be an awesome fight. Come on Bhop (in round 10), otherwise Come on Calzaghe!

Yeah exactly how i see it, late KO for Bhop, or if it goes the distance, only because of Joes activity, he will get it on points, possible SD .... joe cortez might be a bit gay and the las vegas refs love some Bhop dick.
Reply 790
The weigh-in was good. Calzaghe has loads of support, which is great to see. If they both play their games, Calzaghe will win. That's all he needs to do.

Bhop did win me loads of games in Fight Night Round 3 against my mates though :frown: Sorry Bhop.
Reply 791
Laevis
The weigh-in was good. Calzaghe has loads of support, which is great to see. If they both play their games, Calzaghe will win. That's all he needs to do.

Bhop did win me loads of games in Fight Night Round 3 against my mates though :frown: Sorry Bhop.

His haymaker was so crap in FNR3, that fat ginger haired green shorts guy is awesome though.
Calzaghe to win on points is my verdict. Hopkins might get a few of the earlier rounds (infact I expect it) but Calzaghe's fitness will shine through as he plods through the bells.
Who's the idiot they interviewed on Setanta then?

Interviewer: "Joe said he's worried that Bernard might play a dirty fight"
Some guy: "He might hit low, elbows..headbutts. It's a part of the game. Some people call it dirty, I call it physical"

Jeez...
Sakio Bika by the sounds of it :p:
Does anyone have an accurate start time for the big fight tonight?
<CJ>
Sakio Bika by the sounds of it :p:

Whoever it was...they clearly haven't seen 'Million Dollar Baby' have they?
Ronaldo VII
Does anyone have an accurate start time for the big fight tonight?

It depends on the undercards. Most people are expecting 3am but then again it could be 2. 3 is probably a safe bet.
I thought the schedule was for 4 :s:
What?! Noooo!

A few people I've asked have said 3, and that's when the BBC commentary's scheduled to start -- although they might want an hour build-up, thinking about it. :frown:

Might have to watch Coming to America on ITV now to get in the mood. :unsure:

Latest