The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone watch Andrew Selby's fight against Flores the other night? The Welshman's a great prospect, but his ring antics are beyond ridiculous, the way he was intentionally opening up and letting Flores hit him was abysmal, absolute no respect for his opponent. I understand that the Mexican was not causing the Welshman any problems, however, he needs to be more clinical and conclusive. If he fights like he did against the top guys in the flyweight division, he'll be punished.

Bellew vs Haye isn't very appealing either, just trying to milk a stone to be honest:beard:
Pulev has pulled out of the AJ fight with an injury. AJ will fight Takam now instead.

AJ-Takam
Whyte-Helenius

PPV? I don't think so
I'd rather see Whyte fight him again
Look forward to Hearn selling this PPV which didn't seem that strong before this pull out. Be amazed if numbers in the stadium and PPV numbers don't take a hit.
Billy Joe Saunders set to fight David Lemieux December 16th. Great fight.
Original post by Palmyra
Billy Joe Saunders set to fight David Lemieux December 16th. Great fight.

Amazing fight. Great test for BJS. If he can get past Lemieux, I think he has a chance at Golovkin, maybe a shot!
Original post by Chittesh14
Amazing fight. Great test for BJS. If he can get past Lemieux, I think he has a chance at Golovkin, maybe a shot!

Well GGG destroyed Lemieux in arguably his career best performance so I wouldn't say BJS has a shot at GGG just by beating Lemieux, but BJS's style would give GGG a lot of problems for sure.
Original post by Palmyra
Well GGG destroyed Lemieux in arguably his career best performance so I wouldn't say BJS has a shot at GGG just by beating Lemieux, but BJS's style would give GGG a lot of problems for sure.

Exactly, GGG destroyed Lemieux. But, if BJS can get through a hard puncher like Lemieux, he can also get through a hard puncher like GGG if he is at his best on the night. Hoewever, I think GGG would still dominate and beat BJS easily - he is a master and we have seen that in his last performance against Canelo, he is an expert and the Big Daddy of the MW division.
Original post by Chittesh14
Exactly, GGG destroyed Lemieux. But, if BJS can get through a hard puncher like Lemieux, he can also get through a hard puncher like GGG if he is at his best on the night. Hoewever, I think GGG would still dominate and beat BJS easily - he is a master and we have seen that in his last performance against Canelo, he is an expert and the Big Daddy of the MW division.

The way BJS will survive against a hard puncher like Lemieux is by not getting hit, and GGG is much better at connecting with stinging jabs and generally penetrating defences than Lemieux, so surviving against Lemieux's power doesn't mean BJS could survive GGG's intensity and jab especially.

Agreed on GGG, though (they're definitely going to give the GGG-Canelo rematch to Canelo on points but that doesn't matter) :cool:
People still on the GGG hype-train. Lol.
Anyone who will watch the fight between Joshua and Takam? Anyone who is even in Cardiff to see this fight live?
Original post by Rk2k14
People still on the GGG hype-train. Lol.

tell us more about how Canelo controlled the fight against GGG despite being 10 years older and GGG being in his prime

oh
Original post by Palmyra
tell us more about how Canelo controlled the fight against GGG despite being 10 years older and GGG being in his prime

oh

Using age as an excuse for a boxer? Good one.

And GGG was so good he controlled the fight and won.

oh
Original post by Rk2k14
Using age as an excuse for a boxer? Good one.

And GGG was so good he controlled the fight and won.

oh

Canelo not ready to fight at 160 but ready to fight at 164... good one

age is clearly a relevant factor as a boxer's skill deteriorates with age, i don't see what about this is controversial

but glad you agree GGG controlled the fight and won though
He’s multifaceted but GGG is essential still a presser fighter. Age is massively relevant for pressure fighters. They either adapt their game or go up in weight, but as a style its at the mercy of age more so than anything else.
Joe Joyce making his debut against Ian Lewison tonight on Dave.

Anyone tuning in?
The Frampton/McGuigan fallout is bizarre. They haven't spoken since the day he missed the weight pre-Gutierrez. Plenty more to come out about their feud imho
Ian Lewison looked poor today, but showed a great heart. Joe Joyce was just too good for him - and he looked quite impressive for a debut. Once he starts learning how to throw those perfect punches in that style, he will be a great threat.

Would love to see him vs Joshua or him vs Dubois in the future.
Lmao, horrendous scorecards despite a good Burnett win - maybe by 4 rounds MAX. Judges these days have lost the plot.
Gassiev one to watch for sure, Abel calls him the next GGG...

Gassiev-Dorticos is going to be a great fight.

Latest