The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
I reckon Cotto would beat Hatton to be honest
Reply 981
Yeah i know, I just want to see the fight though :biggrin:

(He would give Floyd a run for his money too)
Reply 982
Hatton hasn't learnt a thing from the Mayweather fight. He consistently leaves himself open to the check left hook.
Reply 983
And that's why if he goes in with Cotto he will get banged the **** out.

Its too late in his career to learn a new style, his style is the brawler style, its hard to weave in and out, you can't teach an old dog, new tricks, too late.
Reply 984
Mos Def
And that's why if he goes in with Cotto he will get banged the **** out.

Its too late in his career to learn a new style, his style is the brawler style, its hard to weave in and out, you can't teach an old dog, new tricks, too late.

Yep, I agree with that first statement you made. He's so vulnerable to that left hook, watching the fight, I was just thinking, oh dear.
Reply 985
LogiVI
Yep, I agree with that first statement you made. He's so vulnerable to that left hook, watching the fight, I was just thinking, oh dear.

But like he says, if he didn't fight like that... would 56k come to watch him? ...
Reply 986
Mos Def
But like he says, if he didn't fight like that... would 56k come to watch him? ...

Do you think he wants to be vulnerable to a left hook in every fight?

and lol - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/article4009584.ece
Reply 987
[QUOTE

I would like to see Cotto v Hatton, and then Floyd rematch instead of the **** paulie fight, but madison sq gardens pulls in people

yes this is the only fight that can determine the best fighters at light welt and welt

mayweather seems to be avoiding him as do hatton and de la hoya

why fight malignaggi
Reply 988
id rather see cotto v mayweather than cotto v hatton.
hatton has 3 fights left i reckon:
- malignaggi
- mayweather
- pacman?
What do you guys think of Anthony Smalls?
Reply 990
harryj0
- malignaggi
- mayweather
- pacman?

Yeah, but it doesnt seem like its going to happen yet since cotto might not draw enough publicity for mayweather

Youre probably right about hatton, if he beats all three which is unlikely he will carry on, his confidence will return

Will he fight pacquiao at light welter, if he gets the win he'll be undefeated at 140 :biggrin:
Kelly Pavlik is fighting Gary Lockett, a welshman trained by enzo calzghe, on saturday evening/sunday morning. Only found out this morning.
Reply 992
I knew that for a long time now, obviously Lockett will lose, humble guy though, brawler.
Aye tis a bit of a mismatch. Might be a path to fighting calzaghe though! :biggrin:
Reply 994
harryj0
- malignaggi
- mayweather
- pacman?

Not anymore,mayweather has just announced his retirement which is a bit of a bummer.He was a cotto and a second DLH win away from TOP 5 ALL-TIME P4P GREATNESS.Hatton was kidding himself if he thought he could beat mayweather,hes just too one dimensional,mayweather is probably the most intelligent counter puncher ever and hatton can hardly be called evasive.

For me mayweather is the greatest welter there has ever been and probably the most intelligent p4p boxer ever.

WHAT A LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!
How many times has Mayweather said he'd retired?

I expect to see him in the ring again before he calls it a night yet...
Reply 996
<CJ>
How many times has Mayweather said he'd retired?

I expect to see him in the ring again before he calls it a night yet...

yea but he's done this right in the middle of DLH rematch negotiations.

I hope im wrong.
Reply 997
im willing to bet a tenner that floyd steps in to the ring once more.
now i think hattons last 3 fights:
- malignaggi
- loser of cotto vs margarito (winner fights golden boy methinks)
- pacman

pacmans already moved up in weight for a fight, i think by spring 09 he'll be ready for ricky
Reply 998
Pavlik destroyed Lockett lol, and omg the gay mora won :s-smilie:
suprised at mora victory, hoping he would get knocked the **** out,

lockett got smashed and hopefully pavlik would do the same to calslappy

Latest