The Student Room Group

HMRC AO jobs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I received my conditional offer email, the same as Rorschach's, at the end of last week. I don't live in Manchester, and I am led to believe the contract will be until March, so I am withdrawing from the process. I hope you hear about your offers soon.
Reply 41
it seems that these jobs are being filled internally in quite a few locations and people who applied for this job, will be getting the job vacated by the people moving to the contact centre
I literally have heard nothing since I got that email saying I was successful in my interview in October. Does anyone know if that even meant I got the job? Or if they are doing it in order of what people scored in the interview. And up to what date will be giving out start dates. Thanks
Reply 43
I'm in the same position as you Mary; haven't heard anything official since that first email in October. They did reply to an email I sent them just telling me that they'd be in touch. They gave me no indication of when that would be, though.

As for your questions I have no idea. I can't imagine they'd give us an email saying we passed the interview, congratulate us, and then tell us we don't actually have the job months later. I got a low score and haven't heard anything so it's entirely possible that they're working their way through based on that. Or maybe it's down to something like an alphabetical list, which would also explain why I haven't heard anything. I've just been looking for other jobs while I wait.

The total lack of updates has left a sour taste in my mouth.
Reply 44
Like I said they have changed their mind and filled the role internally, and offering people who applied for this job their job olds which was mostly 25 weeks 5-10 working on a computer not phones. There seems to be lots of changes in this area and they dont seem to quite know whats going on at the moment. I know theyll be taking on more in the new year, possibly even readvertising the job so people know its evening shifts
Reply 45
Hey, I also havnt heard ANYTHING since the 19th of october. im aat college and have not been entered into my exam as I was told I was sucsessful. I will have to move 300 miless for this job and wish I would hear something soon has anyonen heard anything? I got 3443 in my interview.
Reply 46
How did you find that out treble03?
Reply 47
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 48
Congratulations for a start. So does that mean they're only taking on a quarter of the people they expected? Or are they taking on more in January?
Reply 49
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 50
Thanks very much for the update, good to know we'll be starting eventually.
Reply 51
I have applied for the AO job in Bootle and the last thing I had on 28 Nov. was the email with the health declaration. Which stated they were offering me a job but that this offer is conditional because it is subject to the satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks.

I sent the health declaration back by email straight away, but used the email address that it arrived on not realising it was one of those "do not reply email addresses" so it was bounced back. I sent it again to another email address (csrjobs@hmrc) on 30 Nov, phew. So I'm just waiting now. Anybody else heard anything further?
Reply 52
(edited 11 years ago)
If the recruitment process frustrates you I wouldn't recommend a career with the public sector. I waited 2-3 months to get told I was successful, then a further 2-3 months for a start date!
Original post by treble03
Ive started, was meant to be 120 new recruits being trained in my building however only 33/34 turned up
How on earth did that happen?

Did you move to Bootle for it?
Reply 55
So has anyone else started yet? Or heard anything from HMRC?
Reply 56
Hi,

im in exactly the same situation, offered the role on 19th October, then heard nothing since, it's quite disgusting really. I interviewed at the Stockton on Tees office, a week or so ago I just rang the generic hmrc tax number got on to someone in the call centre explained everything to her and she rang the stockton office. Informed me that some have alread started there and someone will contact me shortly. That was around 10 days ago and haven't been phoned back.

Getting a little sick of HMRC and their recruitment technique, how can an organisation tell you you have been successful for a job and then not say anything else for two months?
Totally agree with you. I haven't heard anything since October and any time I've tried to find out when I start I get told I will be contacted shortly. It's ridiculous
Reply 58
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 59
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending