The Student Room Group

Healthy New You: Your Change For Life #3

Scroll to see replies

Ok last year I lost my way in August since I started a new job I thought I would lose weight through that obviously not so I am serious and never giving up this time also I want to do this for me and get slim and healthy again.

Starting from today seems right to start the new year with a new me
Original post by infairverona
2nd day without chocolate...how long is it before you get used to it? :redface:

It won't be long, don't worry. I gave up chocolate for Lent last year. By about 2 or 3 weeks I stopped missing it! Keep at it, the difference it can make is amazing!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One S
Original post by infairverona
2nd day without chocolate...how long is it before you get used to it? :redface:

When I give up, it really does have to be all or nothing. I usually find that within a week I just don't think about it anymore. But I have far too much chocolate in right now to even think about doing that.

I plan to eat chocolate until Lent and then give it up. To be honest, I think my Christmas chocolate will probably last until then anyway! Then Easter will be the next time I'm allowed it.
So apparently according to my scale I'm half a kilo down again (mid week weigh-in till proper on Saturday). I'm quite happy but know I'm still away from my goal :yep:
Original post by cpdavis
So apparently according to my scale I'm half a kilo down again (mid week weigh-in till proper on Saturday). I'm quite happy but know I'm still away from my goal :yep:

Well Done! :woo:
Original post by Catherine.
It won't be long, don't worry. I gave up chocolate for Lent last year. By about 2 or 3 weeks I stopped missing it! Keep at it, the difference it can make is amazing!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One S

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
When I give up, it really does have to be all or nothing. I usually find that within a week I just don't think about it anymore. But I have far too much chocolate in right now to even think about doing that.

I plan to eat chocolate until Lent and then give it up. To be honest, I think my Christmas chocolate will probably last until then anyway! Then Easter will be the next time I'm allowed it.

Thank you! I usually eat it in the evening after dinner so I've replaced it with non fat natural yogurt, raspberries and a teaspoon of honey. The two foods I binge on are chocolate and dominos pizza so I've given them up! Made myself a little chart and everything...
Welp, just logged my roast dinner - 812 calories!! Eep!

Salad for tea then! Haha.

Also I have revised my goal from 10 stone (140lbs) to 9 stone 4 pounds (130lbs). I'm still not 100% happy with my body (especially my stomach, so think I need to go a little lower than 10st.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1587
Original post by .gina
my new years resolutions;

1. use the gym membership I paid for
2. cut down on alcohol. it'll be difficult at uni but I'm going to do my best, because I'm not too bad with food, it's just booze! one of my flatmates doesn't drink at all though so I'm going to get her to help me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I too have to start making the most of my gym membership...I froze the payments after an injury and just havent been since! :frown:
Reply 1588
Anyone on here used GymPact before? Came across it and thinking about signing up... it apparently fines you if you don't go to the gym and you get paid each time you do.. could be a good extra motivation!
Reply 1589
So my new year resolutions...

1. Go for a walk everyday. No matter how short, with being in between jobs atm (still waiting for a start date on new job), getting out the house will help with loosing weight.
2. Get down to 13st. Trying to take it in small steps, so will decide my overall goal weight as I go. Currently 15st 2lb.
3. Carry on swimming 2-3 times a week and make use of my cross trainer.
4. Do C25K. Need to invest in some decent trainers too.

Hope everyone had a good night last night :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amizzle91
Welp, just logged my roast dinner - 812 calories!! Eep!

Salad for tea then! Haha.

Also I have revised my goal from 10 stone (140lbs) to 9 stone 4 pounds (130lbs). I'm still not 100% happy with my body (especially my stomach, so think I need to go a little lower than 10st.

I'm considering losing a little bit more as well. But not concentrating on the scales at all, just the healthy eating and the exercising, and hoping it'll just fall into place.. but I'll have to just keep seeing how I look/feel etc.
Tried to go for a run today in the cold wind...worst idea, my throat hurt loads and I could only manage 5 minutes from the sheer agony of my face/throat! Ended walking for another 35 minutes though so it's not too bad. Weigh in tomorrow, so glad that things are finally on the move (downwards!) again!
Rubbish first day, cannot motivate myself to eat again. Well not quite yet but I can feel it coming on. I've not allowed myself to get hungry this holiday but I don't feel in the best way again and I seriously have no desire to eat. I feel just kinda lonely in this. And personal life is taking a big hit, don't want to go into that. Just since I've been back all focus has been on my body and diet as predicted and my mother's still skulking around whenever I'm in the kitchen as though I'm not to be trusted. I'm starting to feel the anxiety I did when I did this years ago and I'm reminding myself I've done well but I'm just feeling struck by anxiety and consequent nausea.

Resolutions going well. The big one is probably going dry. The rest of that vodka I necked a few months ago is getting chucked down the sink once I get back to spain, no doubt.

Food for thought:

392972_476495162396105_19871917_n.jpg

Oh, and happy new year. Sorry I'm subdued again, I've tried holding off but yeah it feels like it's all taking a head.
Original post by isawsparks89
Rubbish first day, cannot motivate myself to eat again. Well not quite yet but I can feel it coming on. I've not allowed myself to get hungry this holiday but I don't feel in the best way again and I seriously have no desire to eat. I feel just kinda lonely in this. And personal life is taking a big hit, don't want to go into that. Just since I've been back all focus has been on my body and diet as predicted and my mother's still skulking around whenever I'm in the kitchen as though I'm not to be trusted. I'm starting to feel the anxiety I did when I did this years ago and I'm reminding myself I've done well but I'm just feeling struck by anxiety and consequent nausea.

Resolutions going well. The big one is probably going dry. The rest of that vodka I necked a few months ago is getting chucked down the sink once I get back to spain, no doubt.

Food for thought:

Oh, and happy new year. Sorry I'm subdued again, I've tried holding off but yeah it feels like it's all taking a head.

Anxiety really sucks, it messes with your head. I went through ridiculous anxiety for no reason for about 3 years during sixth form and the first year of uni, and I hated eating, but yet still made myself eat too much because that's what everyone expected of me, and I didn't want them to know anything was wrong. But gradually, as things in life have changed, the anxiety has disappeared along with it. Hopefully this will happen to you. Sometimes in life we feel stressed and we don't even realise what it was that was making us stressed until we're taken out of that situation.
First time that I've worked out and almost fainted ): I'd finished the workout, was half way through making my smoothie and my stomach really started to hurt so I went up to the bathroom and thought I was going to be sick. Then the dizzy head started, sat breathing for about a minute and then I'm out on the hallway but don't remember going there. Lay there for about two minutes trying to calm myself down and slowly I started to feel less dizzy but my hands continued to be a little numb. I know this isn't normal, has anyone any advice? I've done the 30DS three days in a row, should I maybe just skip tomorrow for a rest or see how I feel tomorrow?
Reply 1595
Heyy everyone, hope you've had a great Christmas and we're all looking forward to a fab 2013? :biggrin:

If it's alright with you, I've got a question which I'm not sure about. After a pretty rough patch this semester I've been feeling slowly better and seeing someone at the moment who's helping loads, so at the moment I'm really optimistic for the year ahead :smile: There's just a few things I need help with and it might be triggering for people on the other thread, so I thought it'd be better to ask here.
spoilered because it's quite long :redface:

Spoiler

Frustrated. Any help would be brill, thanks!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Anxiety really sucks, it messes with your head. I went through ridiculous anxiety for no reason for about 3 years during sixth form and the first year of uni, and I hated eating, but yet still made myself eat too much because that's what everyone expected of me, and I didn't want them to know anything was wrong. But gradually, as things in life have changed, the anxiety has disappeared along with it. Hopefully this will happen to you. Sometimes in life we feel stressed and we don't even realise what it was that was making us stressed until we're taken out of that situation.

I just feel so out of control with it and it's a horrid feeling. I know what's making me stressed primarily and thats another thing I just dont feel in control of without seeming like I'm flying off the handle.

:frown: I don't feel I can really say much to add to that, but thank you
Ok I decided to join the transformation thread plus I'm going to do a blog when the transformation thread is open. Link

I've been a bit nervous about going on a bulk and what makes it worse is seeing how quickly I gained weight and seeing some of my clothes going really tight :frown:. However when I look at my pics from summer 2011 and how I look now despite the fact I am the same weight I look leaner and know if I can bare a bit more weight gain I would look leaner when I lose weight and get back to 11st.

I'm hoping to encourage other women on here to do the same and to let people know that its possible for someone to go from being overweight to having an athletic body
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MysteryPass
First time that I've worked out and almost fainted ): I'd finished the workout, was half way through making my smoothie and my stomach really started to hurt so I went up to the bathroom and thought I was going to be sick. Then the dizzy head started, sat breathing for about a minute and then I'm out on the hallway but don't remember going there. Lay there for about two minutes trying to calm myself down and slowly I started to feel less dizzy but my hands continued to be a little numb. I know this isn't normal, has anyone any advice? I've done the 30DS three days in a row, should I maybe just skip tomorrow for a rest or see how I feel tomorrow?

See a doctor, is my advice.

I started having episodes like this, but most days, and it was important for them to work out what it was.
It probably isn't something like what I have, but if this is something that happens more than once its defo better to get checked out.
Reply 1599
Original post by isawsparks89

Food for thought:

:hugs: I can't really add much to what Angel's offered, just letting you know you're not alone :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest