The Student Room Group

Those who aren't out and proud (bisexuals) how to meet people?

Hi,

I am girl and I am pretty much 100% sure I am bi. I have had for the last two years, strong emotional romantic feelings for 2 different girls, and have had all the heartache that comes along with it. My best friend made me realise after it was clearly obvious how much i liked this person after constantly talking about them.

Anyway. I don't like telling people, due to my insecurity and uncertainity about it. Also the fact is, that if i say it, people assume i'm attracted to masculine girls, and for example, i am self conscious that i'm not that turned on by a picture of a hot woman in a magazine or a 'celebrity'. But when ive known someone for some time, i can develop feelings for them and be attracted to them.

So for those who are like me, men or women, how do you meet people who are also bi/gay when you are not open about it?

Should i be more open about it?

Thanks
Depends how old you are.. what society you live in.Helpful, I know. If it's accepted then yes you should definitely be more open, or possibly try to find like minded individuals?
Reply 2
I have friends who go to BiCon and there are bisexual groups on Meetup.com... If you're a student, try your LGBT society (though my experience is not great at my old uni)... If you're London based, Royal Vauxhall Tavern (in Vauxhall unsurprisingly) does nights where bi people are welcome...

Also http://boards.gingerbeer.co.uk is an online community for bisexual and gay women...

If you're the same person who said they were Muslim, there's a group called Imaan who would be supportive.

I don't fancy women from magazines often... I'm not overly in to female masculinity either (I mean sexually). We like who we like, scary and painful as it can be...

And by the way, nice one on making steps towards meeting other people and exploring this side of yourself. It's pretty brave. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending