The Student Room Group

A Level Final Decision

Right, I'm almost drawing a conclusion with my A Level options. However, I still need help for the 4th one.

I'm sure about:

Geography

History

Psychology

The 4th one needs to be helpful. I don't mind going into Law, Journalism, Geography, ICT, Football Coaching, Sports Psychology, Sports Science or Business Management/Marketing

The 6th form prospectus recommends that all applicants take only 3 A Levels and says that they can take 4 but it would be a big ask. I want to take 4 and drop one in A2 as apparently you can get more UCAS points.
I was thinking Business Studies, ICT (BTEC Subsidiary Diploma), BTEC PE or Sociology.

I don't want to take Biology as I've found out that its almost pointless doing it without Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics/Further Maths. And those subjects are ones I have no intention of taking, and totally don't want to as I won't cope with them.

I'm not really a hands-on person, but I also want to keep my options open. The only problem is I need more of those UCAS points when I hopefully go to University. I think that some of those subjects might be weak and deprive me of enrolling on the course I want to do.

Any advice for the 4th subject? Your help will be much appreciated.
(edited 11 years ago)
I would choose Sociology as it is possibly the most respected out of all your options. However, the other three seem more relevant to your career paths. It really depends on what you think you are good at?
Reply 2
Perhaps English Literature as that would be good for Law/Journalism/geography.

If you want to do anything related to Business Management/Marketing and ICT related then you'll need Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest