The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Anthropology!

Anthropologists, UNITE!

I've been given an offer for Anthropology '06 and yet have to hear about the course at SOAS... And from my fellow prospective colleagues!

I visited the college on 26th April and absolutely loved it; the current students seem amazing, and I heard at least 5 different languages when walking through them. The atmosphere is laidback, yet, everyone is passionate about their courses!

Definitely the place for those who enjoy challenges, languages, cultures and meeting people from all over the world that have many different experiences and views on life.

For those who think SOAS is predominantly populated by international students, that is definitely not the case. It does have a lot more international students than the average university, but that is definitely an advantage. And even the British are kind of 'worldly', in the sense that they are (obviously) seeking for a cultural mix, have travelled around or at least are interested in the global issues and (to some extent) the unconventional side of popular subjects, I dare say!

Dunno, it's definitely worth a look. The anthropology course seems very varied and exciting. You can pretty much mix it with anything from languages to music; being in London is another humongous plus as you get amazing resources, an awesome social life and a mahussive student community given all the colleges UoL embraces. Perfect!

Future anthropologists - stop hiding!
Reply 1
i wish i were doing anthropology now.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
it was my hypothetical second choice.
I'm sure I'll end up doing a floater from it in one year, or just sitting in on the odd lecture.
Reply 3
yeah - anthropology is definitely a good addition to whatever you're doing.

and fun as well, i suppose!

i hope i like it as much as i think i'll do!
Reply 4
You'll love it, my heart tells me so.

Latest

Trending

Trending