The Student Room Group

How can I achieve 280 UCAS points overall?

Ok so I have applied to a number of Universities a few months back and have received all of my offers back. My firm choice requires me achieve at least 280 UCAS points from three A level subjects. Overall for AS I achieved CCD, the D I will be resitting in the next week to try and improve to at least a C. However I wanted to know what grades I will have to achieve in my second year in order to reach the 280 UCAS points required from my chosen uni, I was predicted BBC for A2. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm really stressed out over whether I have made the right choices and whether I can get into uni, Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by HarryFox
Ok so I have applied to a number of Universities a few months back and have received all of my offers back. My firm choice requires me achieve at least 280 UCAS points from three A level subjects. Overall for AS I achieved CCD, the D I will be resitting in the next week to try and improve to at least a C. However I wanted to know what grades I will have to achieve in my second year in order to reach the 280 UCAS points required from my chosen uni, I was predicted BBC for A2. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm really stressed out over whether I have made the right choices and whether I can get into uni, Thanks.

AS only count if you do not also have a full A level in the same subject. Points for a ful A level are:
A* - 140
A - 120
B-100
C-80
D-60
E - 40
So, assuming you haven't got any AS points, you could get 280 from BBC at A level, but ACC, ABD, A*CD etc would also do.
Reply 2
Just needed someone to clarify it for me, thank you so much now I can relax a little. :smile:
If a course wants me to get 280 UCAS points and I get CCC in A Levels + a D and E at AS Levels + another 20 UCAS points from another qualification which all equals to 310 UCAS points, do I have a chance in getting accepted? Or does the 280 UCAS points basically mean BBC? The university is DMU btw
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest