The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey. Yes I'm coming to do New Media in September and I know a few other girls who are too. Are you m/f?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I'm 18/male mate. From Bedfordshire (near cambridge)
I am doing new media too.. female of course :P
Reply 4
Hey twistedrose, another female yay. Catherine Stones told me its 80% boys and only 20% boys this year :frown: Do you have MSN by the way?:smile:
Yes.. i will pm you it. Dont want to broadcast it everywhere! :cool:
Reply 6
Do you mean 80% boys and 20% girls?
Reply 7
Yep!
Reply 8
Thought so... did you go to the New Media open day? If so, how was it?... do you know how many people are on the course?
I doubt many.. Catherine told me its a very small group, so they have more student - lecturer interaction and know all the students names etc.. Which sounds nice, i mean management is a popular course which can have 500+ students in a lecture room. No thanks!
Reply 10
If you're doing this course add me on msn if you want; [email protected]
Reply 11
2005-06 was about 85 students. Could be slightly more next year as the course went into clearing in last year. I just got home yesterday after 1st year! It flies by...
Reply 12
Cool. What do you think of the course then?
Reply 13
sorry to drag up on old thread. i've also applied for the course. it was difficult finding any new media or new media related type courses when it came to applying, this one looked like the best. when i tell people what i plan to do though, they don't have a clue what i'm talking about or assume it's bascially just media.
Reply 14
Hey there... ive just finished my first year doing new media at leeds. I have the same problem when people ask what i do at uni, and i saw new media, everyones just like ahh cool (when really they have no clue what it is). We mainly use photoshop, so if you don't know how to use it already i would start learning now... as i really struggled at the beginning having never used the softwear! Also use Flash MX alot for animation. On the course this year we just made a few template websites on photoshop, just to show what they looked like, made posters, and some pop-up animation type things using Flash. Used dreamweaver to re-create a website as our final project, i also struggled here cuz i had never used it either!!

Advice to you first yearers... purchase photoshop, flash MX and dreamweaver (copies cheap on ebay) and brush up on your skills before you start else you'll be bottom of the class like i am!

X
Hello all!

Studying New Media this September.

Course sounds great. Cheers for the tips justgirl.

Going to get a MySpace up soon so will post it on here.

Rich
Reply 16
Hey rich.. u set up that myspace yet? Got msn? Im doing new media too
Hey Elle,

Wicked, another course mate. How goes? :smile:

No haven't done one yet but will get it sorted sometime soon. I mean it lol.

Anyone here stayin in Oxley?

R
Reply 18
Lucky buggers, I was gonna do it last year but missed out by 1 grade, my mate is doing it tho and from what he says it sounds really good, better than my substitute at Leeds met, Im doing Web Media Management.
Reply 19
ohh haha Web Media Management @ the Met was my insurance! Is it not tht good then?

Latest