Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

And me too. Hiya.
Reply 42
Original post by Dizzee_Ragdoll
And me too. Hiya.

Ooh,yay, another person :smile: You going standard or ensuite?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VixLangley
Ooh,yay, another person :smile: You going standard or ensuite?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ensuite, applied earlier today. I dunno if they offer you a choice of halls after that or what.
Ensuite, applied earlier today. I dunno if they offer you a choice of halls after that or what.

Unfortunately not, I spoke to accommodation on the phone yesterday morning, and you can only request to be in ensuite or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45

:frown: I still haven't got my letter yet so I can't apply... Getting a bit worried now, first come first served isn't it? Hopefully I will get it today though, fingers crossed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:frown: I still haven't got my letter yet so I can't apply... Getting a bit worried now, first come first served isn't it? Hopefully I will get it today though, fingers crossed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am in the same boat as you!
After speaking to the uni yesterday I think I'm going for private halls instead!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by rachael--louise
I am in the same boat as you!
After speaking to the uni yesterday I think I'm going for private halls instead!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh dear, is it that bad? What did they say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
sport studies :smile: cant wait!

im living in private halls, brunel court... its 2 minutes walk from the tom finney sports building... £88 per week all included and wifi too...

put my deposit down this morning!!!!

EXCITED!!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Oh dear, is it that bad? What did they say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They had told me that I couldn't even view any halls that I was interested in, and no point as when you apply, you can only say what sex you want to live with and whether you want en suite or not.
So really, I thought about private halls instead so at least I know where I will be definitely be living!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by rachael--louise
They had told me that I couldn't even view any halls that I was interested in, and no point as when you apply, you can only say what sex you want to live with and whether you want en suite or not.
So really, I thought about private halls instead so at least I know where I will be definitely be living!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, OK, fair enough, I'm not particularly bothered which hall I end up in, they all look quite nice :smile: Just waiting for my login now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi All,

Just to clear up a few things.

When you apply for accommodation, you are asked to select (upto 3 options) of room type, not specific hall of residence.

There is an Additional Notes section that you can complete with further details - for example, a preferred halls of residence, or a medical condition (make sure you read the notes if you have a medical condition).

If we can accommodate your preferences then we will try and do that.

If you are still waiting for the letter with your G number, please do not worry - whilst we do allocate on a first come, first served basis we do have plenty of rooms to allocate (we have almost 2300 in total!). Our admissions team have been busy sending the letters over the last few days so yours should arrive shortly. You might already have the G number on other correspondence from us as well so might be worth having a look!

If you have only recently made us your firm choice (within the last 2 or 3 days) then your letter will be sent with the next batch - usually it arrives within 7-10 days of making us your firm choice.

Whilst it isnt usually possible to arrange viewings we do have a range of halls open on applicant and open days - along with staff to answer any questions you have. There is also a load of pictures on the accommodation pages of www.uclan.ac.uk that you might find helpful.

SW

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't get a letter about accommodation yet either, I just got my student number off the letter they sent me when I applied for the course.
i applied for accomodation yesterday, i was just wondering how long it takes to get offers? and what if you are nothappy with the offer? can you decline it and get sent another offer?
Hi,

We will be making offers soon (Im sorry that isnt more specific - we are just waiting for a few things to be confirmed here!)

Advice on your question really depends on the reason you werent happy - for early applicants it is likely you will get your first choice so Im not sure why you wouldn't be happy :-)

In any situation it is usually worth giving us a ring or sending an email to discuss rather than declining the offer - declining the offer would reject your application so you would just have to start again from the beginning - that is explained on the system though if you tried to do it.

Hope that helps

SW
thankyou helped a lot! im hoping for iq kppa so hopefully i get offered that! thanks again :smile:
Original post by jayeashleighxo
thankyou helped a lot! im hoping for iq kppa so hopefully i get offered that! thanks again :smile:

I think you put it in the additional notes, we'll get back to you as soon as we are able to :biggrin:
Reply 57
Original post by UCLanAccommodation
I think you put it in the additional notes, we'll get back to you as soon as we are able to :biggrin:

When we apply for accommodation, do we need to pay the deposit ASAP?
I've firmed UCLAN but i wasn't sure on applying for accommodation until i know what Uni i'll actually be going too because i don't have money to pay the deposit anyway and even if i did, what happens if i didn't get in? Will my deposit be returned straight away so i can apply at my insurance?
Original post by KGW
When we apply for accommodation, do we need to pay the deposit ASAP?
I've firmed UCLAN but i wasn't sure on applying for accommodation until i know what Uni i'll actually be going too because i don't have money to pay the deposit anyway and even if i did, what happens if i didn't get in? Will my deposit be returned straight away so i can apply at my insurance?

Hi,

You will only need to pay the Reservation Fee (It isnt a deposit - the £250 comes off your rent total, it isnt a damage deposit to be returned at the end of the year) when we made you a room offer. If you are unable to make the payment please have a think about when you would be able to make the payment and give us a ring - we will try and help.

If you didnt acheive the grades to come to UCLAN and the university withdrew your place on a course of study then we would refund the £250 to the card it was paid from. You would usually get it back within 7-10 days of results day - depending how quickly the bank processed it!

Hope this helps.

SW
I m hoping to be studying adult nursing:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending