The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Offer Holders Thread for 2013 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Hey everyone, just wondering if I got an offer saying I need a pass in further maths does that mean I just need an over all grade E, which means aggregate 240/600? which means if I have already done a few modules last year and got 100, 100 and 84, I can get 0 marks for the other 3 modules and still meet the requirement? ( not like I am doing it, but just asking)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by You!Me!Dancing!
I'm another prospective postgrad offer holder :smile: Although I'm only gonna be 21 (so young by LSE postgrad standards) and I look like (and party like) a fresher so I could easily be one of you :wink:

Hey there! I will also be 21 post grad and party like a fresher! I need you! What department are you in? What halls are you applying to? X
Original post by Lundlborolse
Hey there! I will also be 21 post grad and party like a fresher! I need you! What department are you in? What halls are you applying to? X

Haha yay :smile: I'm in the Media department (Politics & Communication) and I've got a place at Lillian Knowles :smile: You?
Reply 363
I am here you ask for your advice.
LSE has given me a conditional offer,
but I failed to meet it,
what should I do right now?
Do I still have a chance to get into LSE?
I know I should send my result to LSE and let them make the decision,
but I don't know is there any tricks that may help me to get an unconditional offer?
Reply 364
Original post by efl
I am here you ask for your advice.
LSE has given me a conditional offer,
but I failed to meet it,
what should I do right now?
Do I still have a chance to get into LSE?
I know I should send my result to LSE and let them make the decision,
but I don't know is there any tricks that may help me to get an unconditional offer?

What the conditional offer was about? The final mark? The English test? Perhaps you still have the chance to get into LSE. I had the same problem. They had informed me that I should obtain my degree with a minimum overall mark of 7.5 but my final mark is 7.2...because of 2 final courses.. I explained that these 2 courses have no relation with my Msc programme and my grades in my subject area are still excellent. I said also that I accepted the offer for accommodation and I intent to submit the 34 per cent of fees. Briefly, I tried to show them that I am almost ready to study at LSE, Ι have submit all the documents ect. ect. Check this page, http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/availableProgrammes.aspx if your MSc is still open or has limited availability you may have better chance! Contact them, as soon as you can.
Good luck!
Reply 365
Original post by sophiex7
What the conditional offer was about? The final mark? The English test? Perhaps you still have the chance to get into LSE. I had the same problem. They had informed me that I should obtain my degree with a minimum overall mark of 7.5 but my final mark is 7.2...because of 2 final courses.. I explained that these 2 courses have no relation with my Msc programme and my grades in my subject area are still excellent. I said also that I accepted the offer for accommodation and I intent to submit the 34 per cent of fees. Briefly, I tried to show them that I am almost ready to study at LSE, Ι have submit all the documents ect. ect. Check this page, http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/availableProgrammes.aspx if your MSc is still open or has limited availability you may have better chance! Contact them, as soon as you can.
Good luck!

That's really helpful, but I am applying for bsc, rather than msc, I don't know whether this works....
Reply 366
Did anyone else get an email from LSE yesterday? It said congratulations but I haven't met my offer so I'm rather confused!!
Reply 367
Original post by dlabz
Hello everyone got an offer for anthropology and Law for lse , I was worried about accomodation can someone send me the link on how to apply

I got an offer for that too! Hopefully see you there!
Somehow, don't think I'll be going to LSE if OCR don't give me the special consideration for my PE exam.... Hoping they will give me my predicted grade.
Hey guys, what are your offers for accommodation?
Have any of you tried asking for a change in accommodation allocated?
Hello ello Freshers! I am LSE's Athletics Union President for next year. Whether you're rubbish at sport or not, make sure you get involved in AU sports clubs and/or weekly events next year as Wednesday nights, hosted by the AU, are the only large-scale weekly social nights at LSE. Like our page for updates on Freshers fair, trial dates and event night information.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/LSE-Athletics-Union/151752282243?fref=ts
Reply 371
I'm selling the course textbooks for ma100/ec102/st102. I will throw in my exam solutions and notes as well. Also ma103 notes and exam solutions.

Please pm for details
I'm selling the coursebooks for ma100, ec102 and st102 as well, and I'll guarantee to undercut the dude above me, also, I am clearly more reputable because of all the green gems next to my name. If you're doing economics, maths w/economics, maths & economics, business maths & stats, accounting and finance, or anything like this, you'll probably be doing these modules. PM me.
Reply 373
Lol only at lse you get these kind of people. Ill undercut him as well...
more reputable...because you spent way more time on here than me.....

Regardless, I achieved good grades and my notes and solutions are very detailed.
Does anyone have the link to register for the offer holders day? Mine isn't working

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending