Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Information about Halls of Residence at Herts

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Hey, thanks a lot!
But what about the single bedrooms? Are the biggest also @ Butler and Fern?
Thanks!
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 181
Original post by MousePad
Hey, thanks a lot!
But what about the single bedrooms? Are the biggest also @ Butler and Fern?
Thanks!

Yep, smallest are in DeHav despite what the uni (and the lucky few to have been given one of DeHaavs largest (yet still smaller than Butler+Fern :wink: ) say
Reply 182
Is there any additional space provided for stuff people only need seldomly? Like attics, cellar rooms or storerooms?

Thanks again :wink:
Reply 183
Is there any additional space provided for stuff people only need seldomly? Like attics, cellar rooms or storerooms?

Thanks again :wink:

They do offer storage for international student's suitcases if i remember correctly, apart from that, nope.
Reply 184
How long do you think it will be before all rooms are taken?

I put on ucas that im going to live at home but have now decided to change my mind.
Reply 185
Original post by dan_lock

I put on ucas that im going to live at home but have now decided to change my mind.

Each yeah halls fill up quicker and quicker so I would advise you tell the university now that you wish to have a place on campus. There is always a list of "reserve" people once the halls are full anyway so that as people on't turn up/refuse to pay and are removed you are allocated halls on a first come first serve on the list basis.
Reply 186
Original post by DoktaUH
Each yeah halls fill up quicker and quicker so I would advise you tell the university now that you wish to have a place on campus. There is always a list of "reserve" people once the halls are full anyway so that as people on't turn up/refuse to pay and are removed you are allocated halls on a first come first serve on the list basis.

Alright mate, ill email them later on today thanks :smile:
Looking at prices and everything, I'm guessing that I'll probably be going for Roberts Way Phase 1. Anyone else going here and does anyone know if they're alright?
Original post by RobertGrey
Looking at prices and everything, I'm guessing that I'll probably be going for Roberts Way Phase 1. Anyone else going here and does anyone know if they're alright?

they are good, spacious rooms. They might seem 'dark'at times cause of the dark carpet so it is your job to make your room look great and shiny :tongue: :biggrin:
Reply 189
when do you actually start picking the rooms you want, when you have accepted the offer?
when do you actually start picking the rooms you want, when you have accepted the offer?

You don't get to pick your room, you will be located by the accomodation office.
After you have sent off all your accommodation forms and made your choice of halls, then once you have accepted the offer and everything you will eventually get a pack with your contract and stuff, only then you will know what room you are in :smile:
Reply 191
The application form for applying for accommodation, wont be available anytime soon. Last year it was put online by the end of April.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 192
Would be kind of luxurious, but somehow also practical considering the number of people sharing a kitchen: are there dishwashers?
Would be kind of luxurious, but somehow also practical considering the number of people sharing a kitchen: are there dishwashers?

There are no dishwashers in any halls at herts. I have never heard of a university who had dishwasher in halls. :smile:

You shouldn't have a major problem with that, i remember i sent off my form quite late, i think it was July and i still got my place at Fern.

Someone i know at Telford also sent his off around the same time, but obviously it's not best to actually sent it off that late. :wink:
When i went to the open day, i think it was the Telford Court accommodation we got shown. Now, i didn't really like it. Seemed a bit...I know no place is going to be lovely and everything, but it was a bit. Icky? Haha. What are the best recommendations for accommodation? Ideally i'd like a sink in my room at the very least, but i want to know if it's worth paying the extra money per week for the de Hav. accommodation. Thanks!
Original post by Paper Flowers
When i went to the open day, i think it was the Telford Court accommodation we got shown. Now, i didn't really like it. Seemed a bit...I know no place is going to be lovely and everything, but it was a bit. Icky? Haha. What are the best recommendations for accommodation? Ideally i'd like a sink in my room at the very least, but i want to know if it's worth paying the extra money per week for the de Hav. accommodation. Thanks!

Well on de hav you just have your own bathroom with sink/toilet/shower. the rooms are slightly smaller though, it's just what you prefer.

I'd say have a look on this herts forum first, there are numerous threads about halls even with pics. :smile:
You may like some of the traditional halls, check them out. IE Fern, Chapman etc.

They are different to Telford.
Thanks guys. I'll have a trawl through the forums to see if i can find any with pictures!
(:
From my research, and particular thanks to the pictures from Pop_tart, Roberts Way (It will be Phase 2 though) seems alright actually. Although if you guys could clear something up for me? I read that you get a mini fridge in your room (theoretically), would you have an additional fridge and freezer in the kitchen as well? Or is it if you have one you don't have the other?
It's so hard to find pictures of any of the other halls...Although according to one thread Chapman is a no no? Haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending