The Student Room Group

University and GCSE problems.

hey guys!

In 2011 i was at sixform, i had some major problems with family/homelessness and all kinds of trouble, i quit sixform with no AS levels.
(i was taking business and re-sitting GCSE'S)

I went to college and applied for a level three in music technology. Im in my final year of college at the moment and im going to get around 200 UCAS points from my course.

I was suppose to be re-sitting my GCSE maths/english but i had another **** up and went to hospital. My teachers keep telling me they're going to sort my exams out for functional skills, but every time i ask them they respond with the same "please wait patiently im emailing the right people".

I've applied for media production @ universities that ask for functional skills in C grade maths/english.
I've written on UCAS that my functional skill in english/maths as pending.

I want a career in film production. i already have a MASSIVE portfolio and i could just get an internship but i just want a degree as a back up.

(i have a D in english/maths)

what do i do?
thank you
Reply 1
bump
If you arent gettng anywhere with a teacher/tutor, then go and see (dont email) someone more important - Head of Dept etc or whoever in the 'management team' is responsible for academic stuff or student welfare.

This is IMPORTANT and may stuff up your University application. You cant wait for a busy teacher to 'get around to doing it'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending