The Student Room Group

Options suck...

so i am about to choose my GCSE's yes I am in year 9...
the most annoying thing is the school I go to.. the school i go to is a technology college so we have to take tech unless we have a exceptional circumstance.
tech, art, music, ICT and drama are all in one column and I'm only aloud to choose two and if I do triple science (which i am) i cant choose one of them in another column
I want to do art and music so i went to see the teacher your supposed to talk to if you have an "exceptional circumstance"
THE BLOODY TEACHER TOLD ME TO COME BACK LATER AND SHE DIDN'T HAVE TIME FOR ME AT THE MOMENT! EVEN THOUGH I HAD MY MUM AND DAD, MY MUSIC AND MY ART TEACHER TO BACK ME UP EVEN MY BLOODY TECH TEACHER UNDERSTOOD :angry:
im sorry but im so annoyed
do you think i should go back and plead my case?
or do you think i should give up?:confused:
Welcome to TSR. My guess is, your teacher was busy :wink: If you're that concerned about the situation - yes go back.
welcome to real life

i was under the assumption everyone has to take tech that how it was 10 years ago when i did GCSEs, why should you be special?

dont take music and art, there useless subjects (this is coming from someone who did it) and you will end up back at college trying to do something better that you should of took in the first place

also double or triple science is one of the best things you can do, if your smart enough you school push you to do it because as much as you believe you know about the world they do actually know better

good luck in you GCSEs
They do suck.

We've just been given options block for A-level and everyone's really annoyed about it. For example, you can only do one from French, Law, Politics, German and Physics. It's really limiting. I guess that's life for you.

GO AND SHOUT AT THE TECH TEACHER :biggrin:
As long as you're doing 9 GCSEs including the core subjects then don't worry! If you are desperate to do both art and music, well tough. I was only allowed to choose triple science and then one other option. Languages were compulsory.
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
They do suck.

We've just been given options block for A-level and everyone's really annoyed about it. For example, you can only do one from French, Law, Politics, German and Physics. It's really limiting. I guess that's life for you.

GO AND SHOUT AT THE TECH TEACHER :biggrin:

That is actually pretty stupid.
A levels are important so if you can't do subjects you want to do, move school!
Original post by letsbehonest
That is actually pretty stupid.
A levels are important so if you can't do subjects you want to do, move school!

That's precisely what I intend to do! :biggrin:
Reply 7
I know how this feels, it's so annoying. Happened to me at GCSE and now at A Levels, I want to pick; Law, Psychology, English Language and Government and Politics. But, English Language is in the same block as Government and Politics, so I'm having to pick English Literature and Language combined lmao.

Quick Reply

Latest