The Student Room Group

Anything wrong with getting an older Citroen C1?

Hey,

So I'm looking at cars and I wanted something that was reasonably sized and good on fuel. All I could find that I could insure was a Fiat Panda but a decent 2nd hand one is about 3k, which I don't have.

I looked into smaller cars and some were just awful. Some were okay but expensive (Mazda 2, Skoda Fabia) and the insurance was a bit more than I wanted to pay.

I thought about a Citroen C1/Peugeot 107/Toyota Aygo. They're cheap (1500 ish) cheap to insure (only car I can get below 900 quid, which is good).

Any reason I shouldn't buy one and which one of the 3 is better? I know they're basically the same but which is the better one reliability wise?

Which spec is the most fuel efficient as well? Not bothered about petrol/diesel, as I've driven both and they don't bother me either way.

Edit: I'm 20, no NCB but currently insured on a 1.6 Citroen Picasso with no claims against me in a D insurance area.
(edited 11 years ago)
I think they are all about the same reliability wise. The toyota aygo is te most expensive of the 3 to buy though (toyotas always are), so that might be worth bearing in mind when buying one.
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
I think they are all about the same reliability wise. The toyota aygo is te most expensive of the 3 to buy though (toyotas always are), so that might be worth bearing in mind when buying one.

Yeah I gathered it was going to be a bit more expensive.

Apparently they suffered with water in the rear lights but that's it. I'm looking at the 2005/6 ones as they're the cheapest, are there any niggles starting to appear with them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending