The Student Room Group

The angriest you've ever made a driver?

Scroll to see replies

I was in a petrol station last weekend and a bloke didn't bother putting his car into reverse when he was trying to move to a different pump.

I beeped my horn to tell him he was about to hit me. He went to another pump and as I got out my car to sort my petrol he decided to come up to me and start screeching at me! I've had someone reverse on to my car in the past from not looking so I'm always cautious of people reversing.

Fortunately, a big burly van driver who had seen everything decided to come over just in case he went to hit me and started telling this bloke to get lost and get a life.

I gave it back as good as I got and the bloke was told to leave before the police were called.

Proper crazy!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Seble
Don't quite think you understood the question :wink:

hahahah

just had an image of my head of someone sat in a passenger seat throwing things at the driver and waving their hands in front of their face, etc..
This wasnt really me, but I was driving with my ex, and i accidentally pulled out a junction in front of this van. I waved my hand to apologise, but my ex stuck his finger up out the window (lol).

The van then turned round and followed us for about 3 miles? Up my bum and swerving waving his hands at us. He looked totally demented.

I then saw him again about a week later!!! lol!

Someone also once followed my brother to the supermarket, pulled their car up behind him and started swearing and acting aggressive towards him! My brother didnt even know what hed done wrong!
Everyone be careful, because you dont know who you are crossing the path of in this crazy world!
3am on the M1 - nice and quiet. I approached a black Fiesta in lane 1 and overtook it. As I went to overtake, the Fiesta started to match my speed. I decided to pull back in behind the Fiesta. Said Fiesta then started to slow down, at which point I overtook. The Fiesta then overtook me in return, pulling in front of me before braking hard. I was forced to over take... this continued until both vehicles were pretty much at a crawl. The Fiesta eventually exited the motorway.

I still don't know what I did to annoy him/her. :frown:
Reply 65
Original post by InnerTemple
3am on the M1 - nice and quiet. I approached a black Fiesta in lane 1 and overtook it. As I went to overtake, the Fiesta started to match my speed. I decided to pull back in behind the Fiesta. Said Fiesta then started to slow down, at which point I overtook. The Fiesta then overtook me in return, pulling in front of me before braking hard. I was forced to over take... this continued until both vehicles were pretty much at a crawl. The Fiesta eventually exited the motorway.

*shrug* some people just don't like being overtaken.

Posted from TSR Mobile

people like this infuriate me, they just cannot stand being overtaken, they'd rather kill themselves/someone else.
Original post by Iron Lady
In this thread we share our amusing stories in which we annoyed other drivers.

Fire away!

Mine: speeding behind someone, they had to go faster, they pulled to the side and gave rude signals (i.e. to symbolize "up yours" and the w-word) a high number of times. I responded by laughing.

why would you just randomly try to annoy another driver? don't you have anything better to do? :confused:
I don't know about annoying the driver, but it reminded me of this video about annoying passengers :biggrin:

Reply 69
Original post by Seble
He wasn't going to, seeing as you couldn't go more then 5mph and the driver had just started moving... Look I'm not going to argue this but whatevs.

I retract my first remark. I do not believe your mate should be banned from the road. I INCORRECTLY assumed it was a FAST-MOVING junction thing. :colone::colone::colone::colone:
Reply 70

Haha. Sounds like a fun game to play with friends in other cars. :colone::colone::colone::colone:.
Reply 71
Some guy driving up my ass. Slam on the brakes to do an emergency stop. He starts beeping, continue maybe 3-4 minutes driving really slow until the lanes changed to 2 lanes :laugh:
(edited 11 years ago)
I seem to make a lot of drivers rather quite angry on the road. It's just my bad luck that I always end up being near idiots :frown: Like, I do my best to stick to the speed limit and be sensible, but I always have people doing an extra 20 or 30mph drive right up behind me and get really angry.

One time one of them decided to overtake me and got stuck in the other lane despite their efforts to get back over (busy roads, and they weren't signalling), had to make a turn that must have been a major inconvenience (trust me, I know how long it would have taken them to get back in the right direction haha). They were beeping and swearing like a maniac, but I just found it hilarious haha!
Reply 73
Original post by Iron Lady
In this thread we share our amusing stories in which we annoyed other drivers.

Fire away!

Mine: speeding behind someone, they had to go faster, they pulled to the side and gave rude signals (i.e. to symbolize "up yours" and the w-word) a high number of times. I responded by laughing.

Thats NOT funny.....thats just dangerous....and it would only take an accident where you kill someone for YOU to REALISE that its not FUNNY!!!
Reply 74
Original post by FloydRix
Some guy driving up my ass. Slam on the brakes to do an emergency stop. He starts beeping, continue maybe 3-4 minutes driving really slow until the lanes changed to 2 lanes :laugh:

Hahahahahaha. Good one.
Reply 75
Original post by LooneyKoala
I seem to make a lot of drivers rather quite angry on the road. It's just my bad luck that I always end up being near idiots :frown: Like, I do my best to stick to the speed limit and be sensible, but I always have people doing an extra 20 or 30mph drive right up behind me and get really angry.

One time one of them decided to overtake me and got stuck in the other lane despite their efforts to get back over (busy roads, and they weren't signalling), had to make a turn that must have been a major inconvenience (trust me, I know how long it would have taken them to get back in the right direction haha). They were beeping and swearing like a maniac, but I just found it hilarious haha!

Hahahahahaha it is hilarious.
Reply 76
Original post by spun29
Thats NOT funny.....thats just dangerous....and it would only take an accident where you kill someone for YOU to REALISE that its not FUNNY!!!

Well said. It's just preposterous - this generation appear to be the nuisances of the UK roads.
Reply 77
Original post by Zuzuzu
I retract my first remark. I do not believe your mate should be banned from the road. I INCORRECTLY assumed it was a FAST-MOVING junction thing. :colone::colone::colone::colone:

Thank you, but I'll also take the blame I should've mode it clear it was a slow moving quiet road :wink:
Reply 78
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
hahahah

just had an image of my head of someone sat in a passenger seat throwing things at the driver and waving their hands in front of their face, etc..

It would be a fun game to play :wink: maybe not on a real road, but on a track or something see how much you can distract your friends haha
Original post by Zuzuzu
Rather than being 'bullied', you increased the chance of an accident happening. No wonder the youth of today have sky-high insurance prices with people like you on the carriageways.

He was going at the speed limit of 20Mph. He may be increasing the chance of an accident happening by not speeding up, and going over the legal speed limit but the person behind him is the one to blame. Kutta was doing 20Mph, and if the person behind him is tail-gaiting him, why should he have to increase his speed, when there is no legal limit

And lots of 20Mph roads have speed bumps. Im not going to go over at 30Mph on speed bumps...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending