Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
RobbieC
Yes, yes I do.

Who do YOU think would win in a fight, Superman or Yoda??

Is this some kind of complex metaphor?? I'm suspicious... Yoda - the dude has a lightsabre FCS.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 41
Good, I agree.
Reply 42
However - Which is sexier? Yoda or Superman?
Reply 43
Yoda.

Although I note you didn't dispute the grammatical inaccuracies.
Reply 44
arkbar
Yoda.

Although I note you didn't dispute the grammatical inaccuracies.

Why should I? If some guy wants to spend his days picking apart some girl's reply to a thread that's his funeral ... The English language is being Bastardised as it is, and pedantry on his part isn't going to stop it...Let him have his 'fun'...
is this the time to remind you that you were the one who started taking the **** in the first place?
Reply 46
I suppose it depends on what you define as "taking the Piss"... I was simply pointing out the utter ridiculousness of Mattmoy 2000's attempt to ridicule another through his supposed superior knowledge of english grammar/ language...
Reply 47
Sorry for my bad English; I'm usually the one who notices bad grammar and the like. Also do the socio economic background of students matter? What difference does it makes as there are as many unfriendly poor people as there are unfriendly rich people?
WorkHouse
I suppose it depends on what you define as "taking the Piss"... I was simply pointing out the utter ridiculousness of Mattmoy 2000's attempt to ridicule another through his supposed superior knowledge of english grammar/ language...

but hold on, you didn't ''simply point out'' did you? You tried to do the same thing (hence taking the ****) and then got stroppy when he responded. I accept matt's original post was a bit facaetious (sp?) but it was a fair point about a sentence that made no sense, and that is just what he is like anyway you just have to not take it so seriously.

stupanico
Sorry for my bad English; I'm usually the one who notices bad grammar and the like. Also do the socio economic background of students matter? What difference does it makes as there are as many unfriendly poor people as there are unfriendly rich people?

At last!!! someone gets it. rep for you
At the end of the day it doesen't matter in the slightest whether someone goes to public school or a grammar/comprehensive. People who judge people according to which type of school they went to will end up with a less diverse friendship group and limiting themselves to a smaller group of people is their funeral. They suffer. One of my best friends at uni is from a public school - it doesent bother me or any of her friends/boyfriend who came from comprehensives.
Reply 50
Get back to Boswells... :p:
Oops, seems I assumed that you were male, never mind.
You may well realise the irony in telling me to grow some testicles however as that is physically impossible I would advise you to buy a sports car or something as your ability to "pick massive holes" is a blatant compensation for something else... unless, like me in fact you are the proud possessor of 2 x chromosomes.. *****

I'm not quite sure which of Freud's works points towards criticism of other people's grammar as compensation for diminutive anatomy, but next time I meet a psychology student, I'll ask them.
EDIT:
You may also want to look up what irony is.
Wow this is really one of those 'complete waste of time' feuds. Both of you, limit your losses, stop spending time on an internet messageboard insulting SPAG. Its rather sad.
Yeah, I did kinda get bored of it, and that, along with not being in my house, was one of the reasons behind the long wait for a reply.
Truce?
Reply 54
Superman blatantly.

Unless the green pigmentation of Yoda's skin is created by Kryptonite...hmm.

Meh, I like Yoda more, so I'll say him. Now there is a guy/thing mattboy could take the piss out off for bad grammar. :p:

'Kick the crap out of Superman I did, now where did I that lightsabre leave?'
Reply 55
For some reason I can't imagine there being many rahs at Queens campus... :rolleyes:
loggins
For some reason I can't imagine there being many rahs at Queens campus... :rolleyes:

no there a some i assure you, these rahs take on many forms and disguises you know..but their rah-ish ways always shine through:wink:
Reply 57
Rooftopcowboy
no there a some i assure you, these rahs take on many forms and disguises you know..but their rah-ish ways always shine through:wink:

Its usually when they cruise by in their brand new Merc talking to 'daaddy' on their five century phone that you cotton on!
Yoda just uses the sentence structure of an inflected language (unlike English, most of the time).
Reply 59
Yoda's awesome!! :biggrin:

(completely off topic I know....)

Latest