The Student Room Group

In the process of applying for FE College but my Mum isn't happy!

Hi,
I am in the process of applying to a local FE College, but my mum says she wants me to stay at school, would it be pointless to go and do 2 years of Travel and Tourism Extended Diploma with a Hospitality option which is really what I wanted to do since 2011, but I have been stuck in Sixth Form for the last 2 years and I hate it!

What should I do? :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by JonJo000
Hi,
I am in the process of applying to a local FE College, but my mum says she wants me to stay at school, would it be pointless to go and do 2 years of Travel and Tourism Extended Diploma with a Hospitality option which is really what I wanted to do since 2011, but I have been stuck in Sixth Form for the last 2 years and I hate it!

What should I do? :s-smilie:

Go with what you want to do! Your mum may feel that staying in school is best but you need to leave at some point and the sooner the better to make new friends and learn new things.
Your mum will most probably come around to the idea when she sees you're happy following what you want to do - after all, it's your life and you study what you want :smile: good luck!
Original post by BlahBlaBlahBla
Go with what you want to do! Your mum may feel that staying in school is best but you need to leave at some point and the sooner the better to make new friends and learn new things.
Your mum will most probably come around to the idea when she sees you're happy following what you want to do - after all, it's your life and you study what you want :smile: good luck!

Thanks.
Original post by JonJo000
Thanks.

No problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending