The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Leeds IQ

Hi, I've currently applied for my accommodation at Leeds IQ and it looks really good. I was just wondering if anyone else who is staying there or has applied is studying at or by the Leeds Metropolitan Rose Bowl? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xkatieriotx
Hi, I've currently applied for my accommodation at Leeds IQ and it looks really good. I was just wondering if anyone else who is staying there or has applied is studying at or by the Leeds Metropolitan Rose Bowl? :smile:

ill be staying at IQ not met anyone else that is though haha! Ill probs book it next week after my aplicant day, I'm doing computing at headingley, what you doing?
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Reply 2
haha same here, I don't live in Leeds so I won't know anyone when I go or my way around!! I've booked my accommodation at IQ as it looks nice and is good value for money :smile: and I'm doing Business Studies at the City Campus :smile:
Ahh what block you booked into? im looking now at the undergrad block and theres so many roomshaha i dont know how to chooose :L
Reply 4
I've booked myself into block B3 as that is just for the first year students :smile: I think block B2 is for undergraduate and 2nd and 3rd year students though but I'll check for you on their website. I know there were alot of rooms when I booked!
Reply 5
My friend and myself have booked ourselves into iQ too, in A block so hopefully we'll get a mix of the social stuff as well a quieter side.

For those who are new to Leeds, I'm happy to try and answer any questions :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Haha I have no idea what I'll get, I'm probably the social side but that really doesn't bother me too much. Aww thank you very much that is awfully nice of you! Do you by any chance know how far it takes to walk from Leeds IQ to the city centre? :smile:
Reply 7
I've not walked from iQ myself as I've not been to it (booked online as I'm on my Year Abroad) but from Leeds University Steps I would say that takes 10-15 minutes depending on how quickly you walk and then add 10 minutes for the walk from iQ to the university. It seems like a little bit of a trek, I know, but I'm keeping in mind that it'll be good for exercise and if all else fails, there is a bus that goes from the centre to outside iQ and vice versa. It's the 92, I think, but not 100% sure.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Also, if you haven't done so already, you can 'like' this page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/IQ-Leeds-201314/319208728180197?fref=ts
I am currently just booked into IQ leeds in block b3 Place looks a lot better than the place i stayed last year. Kirkstall brewery was awesome for making freinds but the rooms were not that big and internet was super slow. I am studying events management at Leeds met as well. a walk to the city centre is 10 mins
Reply 10
I've got a place at Leeds College of Art but looking at getting a room at iQ. Du guys know how far it is from LCA to iQ?

Cheers :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by becky2994
I've got a place at Leeds College of Art but looking at getting a room at iQ. Du guys know how far it is from LCA to iQ?

Cheers :smile:

Is that the building on Blenheim Walk? Just over half a mile from there to iQ!
Reply 12
Original post by iMe
Is that the building on Blenheim Walk? Just over half a mile from there to iQ!

Yeah that's the one! Not far then! Du know if the accommodation is nice?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Yeah that's the one! Not far then! Du know if the accommodation is nice?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went to have a look around a couple of weeks ago... very nice once you get inside the gates! The rooms are really high quality, good size kitchens, and the staff I spoke to seemed nice :smile: Only problem is that it's not the nicest area. Seeing what happened around the area a couple of years ago put me off a bit, but I booked it! I think the price made me go for it!

And the rooms are nice!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Thank you Justeen910 :smile: and yeah I've booked mine too becasue the room looked really nice and was really good value for money. I'm hopfully going to vist it in a couple of weeks. Haha I think I'm going to feel a bit uncomforable though walking to and from there as I don't know my way around Leeds and my course is about 25 minutes walk from my flat, but I think it's becasue I'm moving away from home for the first time :smile:
Reply 15
Looking to book this place ASAP, is anyone else doing physio? I'm 25 but starting from 1st year anyone that knows the place got any advice on whether they think it will be better to get in the 1st year block as everyone will be at the same stage or to get in the block with older students? don't want to end up somewhere with **** social side but at same time not sure how being surrounded by 18 year olds will be either.
Reply 16
I'm going on Tursday to have a look around! I'm also going to The Plaza and Sky Plaza!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I'm looking at the Plaza mainly I think - has anyone heard good/bad things about that accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I'm looking at the Plaza mainly I think - has anyone heard good/bad things about that accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i just cant pick one---- from Plaza and iQ....
Reply 19
Apparently the area around iQ is about dodgy! That's what put me off iQ

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending