The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Asha
i am holding an offer for computing at IC, but i have to say, its a horrible place.....also, my application was poor effort, for AS i got:
2 A's in physics + ICT, C in maths, and D in chemistry.....

maybe its cause im a state school person, or they just liked my style :P

er....

what are your predicted grades? AS results are not important anyway..

and may i ask which staff interviewed you? http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/people/staffphotos/

> C in maths

your life's gonna be very tough once you get in here... i am not kidding or scaring you.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
jiefei_ma
er....

what are your predicted grades? AS results are not important anyway..

and may i ask which staff interviewed you? http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/people/staffphotos/

> C in maths

your life's gonna be very tough once you get in here... i am not kidding or scaring you.

jiefei_ma, just how hard ARE degrees at imperial, that's all i want to know! How much extra work do they entail?
Reply 22
Mysticmin
jiefei_ma, just how hard ARE degrees at imperial, that's all i want to know! How much extra work do they entail?

er......

well, it depends on what degree you want to get i.e. if you want to get 1st class, then you have to work hard.

fortunately, the course structure here is excellent. e.g. even though you know nothing about computing before you come here, you will still be able to become a very good programmer when you graduate.

so, if you are not lazy, then everything will be fine.
Reply 23
jiefei_ma
er......

well, it depends on what degree you want to get i.e. if you want to get 1st class, then you have to work hard.

fortunately, the course structure here is excellent. e.g. even though you know nothing about computing before you come here, you will still be able to become a very good programmer when you graduate.

I found a first year timetable for the Spring semester a couple of weeks back...it looked gruelling!!
Reply 24
i was predicted AAB, B in maths

also i think it was Dr Luk
Reply 25
Asha
i was predicted AAB, B in maths

also i think it was Dr Luk

good luck mate! and dont forget to spend some more time in Maths before you start the degree :smile:
jiefei_ma
er......

Ah good, as long as I don't get a 2:2 or a third.

Latest

Trending

Trending