The Student Room Group

No tuition fee?

So yeah.......just started filling out the application on the student finance website for 2013/14. Got towards the end......then it says I'm entitled to less maintenance loan than I got this year, no grant, and no tuition fee loan. Now I have no idea how this could be......I'm going to be going onto my 2nd year of my foundation degree course and have never been on any other HE course.....plus my parents earned less money in the last financial year than they had in the one prior to that, so I should actually be entitled to more money. Anyone have any ideas on what's going on?
Original post by zzzonkeddd
So yeah.......just started filling out the application on the student finance website for 2013/14. Got towards the end......then it says I'm entitled to less maintenance loan than I got this year, no grant, and no tuition fee loan. Now I have no idea how this could be......I'm going to be going onto my 2nd year of my foundation degree course and have never been on any other HE course.....plus my parents earned less money in the last financial year than they had in the one prior to that, so I should actually be entitled to more money. Anyone have any ideas on what's going on?

The only thing I can think of is that you've either put first year, instead of second year. Or that you've done it as a new student, instead of a continuing student.
If this is a 2 year foundation degree then you are in your last year. SFE only ever fund final years maintenance loans to the end of the exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending