The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anonymous
probably the same. think he just wants to spoil me a bit as i've never had any of this before. it's either that or he's going to kidnapp me.....I doubt we'll bother with anything after this til it (if it does) get to something more significant than one month such as 6 or 12.

He definitely just wants to get in your pants.
when it got to valentines day I made jon a big scrap book with our pics, song lyrics and letters in it and on 6month he made a page in the book with a collage of our pics but i guess being together a month u wouldnt have much to put in!
franks
lol i worked it out as a meneversary - tis greek :rolleyes: sad eh?!
xxx

Damn it, someone beat me to it! That's the only reason I opened this thread! :frown:

...except that anniversary is quite clearly Latin (annus [gen: anni] and vertere [verto vertere verti versus? Latin, don't fail me now!], from first glance, I think), so it should be a mensiversary. :smile:
Reply 23
1 month "anniversaries", while are something to be proud of, should not be over-estimated because thinking long-term, there's going to be many of them coming your way if all goes well, and surely you cannot sustain the barrage of gifts or hotel stays!

Something simple, meaningful and personal, even possibly just a romantic "I Love You" could go the distance in cementing that relationship further. It really can.
Reply 24
Nutter
1 month "anniversaries", while are something to be proud of, should not be over-estimated because thinking long-term, there's going to be many of them coming your way if all goes well, and surely you cannot sustain the barrage of gifts or hotel stays!

Something simple, meaningful and personal, even possibly just a romantic "I Love You" could go the distance in cementing that relationship further. It really can.

If, of course, you do love them after just a month :wink:
well me and my boyf, have a problem in that neither of us can work out when we actually started going out (complicated), but my first boyf went completely over the top a couple of years ago for our month annviersary with a dozen roses. Not being the most demonstrative or affectionate person i found this a bit over the top, and it was worse byt the fact that i already knew that he was not right for me and we spilt up a week later. But with my boyfriend, whom i now live with, i feel really happy and content-there is no need for these little anniversaries, he makes me feel loved all the time. sounds cheesy, but its true, for me at least.
I don't count 1 month as an anniversary, i would never celebrate just for a month. When it gets to a year, that is the first anniversary and even then it wouldn't be an over the top celelbration or anything!
My old bf used to take me out for a meal every month to celebrate. It wasnt coz we felt we had to celebrate, just because he wanted n excuse to take me out!
Reply 28
Helenia
If, of course, you do love them after just a month :wink:

I'm trying to be optimistic here Helenia... :p:
I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years and we have never "celebrated" any of our anniversaries. I would prefer to leave that for when we celebrate our marriage anniversaries.
Reply 30
Damn it, someone beat me to it! That's the only reason I opened this thread!

...except that anniversary is quite clearly Latin (annus [gen: anni] and vertere [verto vertere verti versus? Latin, don't fail me now!], from first glance, I think), so it should be a mensiversary.
lol you are probably right! Havent done latin for a while now :rolleyes:
I think on my our one month, me and my boyfriend went out. It's bad that I don't actually remember. :rolleyes: We didn't do anything special, however it was special in its own little way. :smile: Coming up to our year now and I'm trying to rack my brains as to what to do/get him.

If he got you something and its already past, maybe suprise him with something for your 2 month just to make up for it? Just do something little and state that perhaps not celebrating again until your 6 month or 1 year anniversary would be best [and cheaper. & no, I'm not unromantic, just practical! :rolleyes: ).
Reply 32
I wouldnt bother with a present, i think its way too early for that! But definitely go for a nice meal or something to mark the occasion :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending