The Student Room Group

A lot of discharge in the days after sex

I want to know if anyone else has this issue... Is it normal? How do you deal with it?

For a few days sometimes after sexual activity, I get a lot of discharge. It just continues going. It feels like a period, and I've already practically wrecked some good underwear despite stuffing them. It's awful. Then it sorts itself out and goes good again.

I do not have an STI. I've also had the person have a look up there, and she said that it looked completely undamaged, although some blood (non-period) came through. So medically I've been checked out. I should note that sometimes blood comes through in sex sessions, but the STI people weren't concerned about it, so I guess it's not too much of an issue.

It doesn't happen if I masturbate with a vibrator or anything, although it does happen when other people do it to me - I guess because they're not so gentle??

But anyway, it's awful and nasty, and I could really do with knowing that I'm not an alien and other people experience this too. Also with how it's dealt with.
Reply 1
I have the only plausible solution. therapy. lol. i recommend dr. leslie winklebottom. lol.
Reply 2
"How are you feeling?"
"Like Niagara Falls has been implanted in my vagina."
"But how does that make you feel?"
"My genitals sore from being chafed by the toilet paper I've stuffed down my pants, it's making me feel that a lot."

Somehow I don't think therapy is going to fix my broken vagina that seems to think that it's part of a permanent orgy.

Please, does anyone know what's going on, because this is day #4, my head hurts from the lack of sleep due to having to clear up all through the night, and I have no idea what's going on. Until I have an answer, I'm just going to have to assume that there's particularly active ghosts this week.
Reply 3
Do you use condoms? it sounds gross but.. after I have sex I have like this.. flood when I stand up.. its just cum and general lubrication, I'm not sure if this is a plausible explanation if you have it for a couple days after, but I assure you I have the same issue.
Reply 4
Original post by Prune.
Do you use condoms? it sounds gross but.. after I have sex I have like this.. flood when I stand up.. its just cum and general lubrication, I'm not sure if this is a plausible explanation if you have it for a couple days after, but I assure you I have the same issue.

I do.

I get a massive amount of natural lubrication during sex (I don't understand why guys like that :confused: ), so there could well be a lot to slowly clear out of my system. But I last did sexual things Thursday morning, it's Monday evening now, I've just half-destroyed yet another set of underwear and could do with changing the bedsheets, and it's still going.

:frown: :frown: I don't understand how I can be medically fine whilst experiencing this.
Reply 5
Have you been to your GP?
Have they said it's normal?
It doesn't sound like it...why dont you get a full test from an online testing service such as the sti clinic?
My friend reccommended it once for me and it kinda worked for my problem.
Maybe you don't have an STI that is easily recognisable or common.
If it is uncomfortable then you have to pursue and find a solution. Or at least a plausible reason.
Don't you think?
Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I do.

I get a massive amount of natural lubrication during sex (I don't understand why guys like that :confused: ), so there could well be a lot to slowly clear out of my system. But I last did sexual things Thursday morning, it's Monday evening now, I've just half-destroyed yet another set of underwear and could do with changing the bedsheets, and it's still going.

:frown: :frown: I don't understand how I can be medically fine whilst experiencing this.

What colour is the discharge though? Because if its clear then surely it shouldnt be ruining your underwear you could just wash it?

Also why not wear sanitary towels when it happens instead of using toilet paper? Then you wouldnt need to be getting up during the night
Reply 7
Original post by Elenr
Have you been to your GP?
Have they said it's normal?
It doesn't sound like it...why dont you get a full test from an online testing service such as the sti clinic?
My friend reccommended it once for me and it kinda worked for my problem.
Maybe you don't have an STI that is easily recognisable or common.
If it is uncomfortable then you have to pursue and find a solution. Or at least a plausible reason.
Don't you think?
Good luck!

Last time this happened, I went to an STI clinic who had me tested for the full whammy of STIs, and they told me that the tests included things like thrush, there was literally nothing going on.

Original post by jasmine90
What colour is the discharge though? Because if its clear then surely it shouldnt be ruining your underwear you could just wash it?

Also why not wear sanitary towels when it happens instead of using toilet paper? Then you wouldnt need to be getting up during the night

Pale yellowy. Okay it's not completely clear, but I think it tends to go yellowy anyway when it's not so fresh (ewww), so that doesn't necessarily mean it's something crazy.

It craps up darker underwear by leaving a stain - like if you don't wear panty liners and get some normal discharge, however many times you wash it there can still be a stain.

That probably would work better... *Makes mental note for next time*.

It finally, finally, seems to be clearing. My head hurts from either the bad sleep or dehydration or god knows what, I have quite bad vagina-ache, but it's almost stopped. Hallelujah.

But I know it's just going to happen again sometime :frown:
Reply 8
Rightios, I don't intend to post on this thread again. This is for the sake of those who find it on a google search or whatever - I hate searching for my symptoms, and finding forum threads where people discuss my symptoms where nobody says what it ended up being.

The discharge was clearing up just to be replaced by pain and itching; it was and is incredibly awful.

Diagnosis: Gonorrhea + a rather nasty split outside to give me more pain, because that was exactly what I needed. I had so much swelling and pain that he couldn't put up the speculum to have a look inside my vagina. It was painful enough just getting the swabs.

Treatment: Two tablets and a butt injection of antibiotics. Symptoms expected to decrease within 24 hours, told to go back for more help if symptoms still there in 48-36 hours.

Verdict: Should have gone for medical help earlier. But it's curable and easily treatable. No problem.

Quick Reply

Latest