The Student Room Group

ICE QUEST Scholarship 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by astrojg
I didn't get any company interviews so not really, just take your time, get it done a few weeks before the deadline, ask your referee to start writing your reference, sign up with ICE and iStructE if you haven't already (Presuming you are a-level or similar).
Don't you have to start uni to sign up to ICE? im finishing my A-levels right now! :smile:
Reply 141
Original post by sbabz11
Don't you have to start uni to sign up to ICE? im finishing my A-levels right now! :smile:

No, the website is misleading. You can join when doing A-Levels
Reply 142
Original post by astrojg
No, the website is misleading. You can join when doing A-Levels

so, when they ask for:
"Name of University/College
or place of study e.g. Leeds:"
do you write which college you are in now or do you put the uni you plan to attend?
Reply 143
Original post by sbabz11
Hi I'm applying for the ICE QUEST Undergraduate scholarship 2014 just wondering if any of you guys who done in the previous years got any advice relating to the application forms etc. that would be really grateful thanks!

Hey I'm also applying for the scheme this year. Which university have you applied to?
When you downloaded the form, did you find that you couldn't fill in the DOB section? I've emailed them but have yet to get a reply... Have you started filling it all in yet? Some of the questions seem a bit daunting at the moment, will have to crack on with it though.
Reply 144
Original post by Singy01
Hey I'm also applying for the scheme this year. Which university have you applied to?
When you downloaded the form, did you find that you couldn't fill in the DOB section? I've emailed them but have yet to get a reply... Have you started filling it all in yet? Some of the questions seem a bit daunting at the moment, will have to crack on with it though.

ya i couldn't fill in the DOB either, tell me what they email you, thanks. im planning to put Bath uni as firm and Cardiff as my insurance. What about u? Im going to start writing next week but i got few notes! ya some questions like what aspect of civil eng im interested in is daunting because im pretty excited for every aspect! :smile:
Reply 145
Original post by sbabz11
ya i couldn't fill in the DOB either, tell me what they email you, thanks. im planning to put Bath uni as firm and Cardiff as my insurance. What about u? Im going to start writing next week but i got few notes! ya some questions like what aspect of civil eng im interested in is daunting because im pretty excited for every aspect! :smile:

I got an email back yesterday. It was an error but it's all fixed now, you just have to download the form again and fill it all in.
I have an unconditional offer from Sheffield as I already have my results (advantages of being older...:smile:)
Think I'm going to use a lot of the stuff that I wrote in my UCAS personal statement to help me with this application haha! I have no idea what to write for the greatest challenges facing the industry though, will have to do some research into it....lucky we started early eh?
Reply 146
Original post by sbabz11
so, when they ask for:
"Name of University/College
or place of study e.g. Leeds:"
do you write which college you are in now or do you put the uni you plan to attend?

The College or 6 Form or Secondary School you are currently study at. Sorry about the delay in repling. Been on a week long surveying trip to wales so limited wi-fi and no signal
Reply 147
Original post by Singy01
I got an email back yesterday. It was an error but it's all fixed now, you just have to download the form again and fill it all in.
I have an unconditional offer from Sheffield as I already have my results (advantages of being older...:smile:)
Think I'm going to use a lot of the stuff that I wrote in my UCAS personal statement to help me with this application haha! I have no idea what to write for the greatest challenges facing the industry though, will have to do some research into it....lucky we started early eh?

Hi I'm also applying this year and hoping to go to sheffield too!! Just wondering when you open up the document does yours contain lots of grey boxes to type into? :confused:
Reply 148
Original post by rhona95
Hi I'm also applying this year and hoping to go to sheffield too!! Just wondering when you open up the document does yours contain lots of grey boxes to type into? :confused:

It was like that last year
Reply 149
Original post by rhona95

Yes. When I open the document it does have the grey boxes. At first I couldn't work out what was wrong as I was unable to type anything but I had a message popping up telling me to enable macros and then it worked fine. What's your problem?

Cool on picking Sheffield by the way!! :biggrin: why are you deciding on going there?
Reply 150
Original post by astrojg
The College or 6 Form or Secondary School you are currently study at. Sorry about the delay in repling. Been on a week long surveying trip to wales so limited wi-fi and no signal

They dont let me login my college doesn't come up and they are asking for uni names and im not in uni yet! also hey I live in Cardiff which is capital of Wales! :smile:
Reply 151
Original post by sbabz11
They dont let me login my college doesn't come up and they are asking for uni names and im not in uni yet! also hey I live in Cardiff which is capital of Wales! :smile:

https://wam.ice.org.uk/wam/studentApplication.exe?PART=DISPLAYCOURSESEARCH After the course search fails you need to click the continue anyway button and you have to manually input details. It was pembrokeshire coast so much more rural.
Reply 152
Original post by astrojg
https://wam.ice.org.uk/wam/studentApplication.exe?PART=DISPLAYCOURSESEARCH After the course search fails you need to click the continue anyway button and you have to manually input details. It was pembrokeshire coast so much more rural.

Ya they e-mailed me saying they are considering my membership! :smile: ok you went to pembrokeshire, did you go to Oakwood Theme park, its in Pembrokeshire?
Reply 153
Original post by sbabz11
Ya they e-mailed me saying they are considering my membership! :smile: ok you went to pembrokeshire, did you go to Oakwood Theme park, its in Pembrokeshire?

no, Surveying all week. literally wake up at 7, coach at half 8. full on surveying my 9. Somedays not breaking for lunch and leaving at 5 to get back by half five for tea and then calculations in the evening until 10. Somehow my group managed to finish a little early and on saturday morning i went to barafundle and a couple of evenings when for a small walk around the national trust place. we were actually surveying at freshwater west, the beach there is where dobby died!
Reply 154
Original post by astrojg
no, Surveying all week. literally wake up at 7, coach at half 8. full on surveying my 9. Somedays not breaking for lunch and leaving at 5 to get back by half five for tea and then calculations in the evening until 10. Somehow my group managed to finish a little early and on saturday morning i went to barafundle and a couple of evenings when for a small walk around the national trust place. we were actually surveying at freshwater west, the beach there is where dobby died!

we had to go there for our Bio trip! :smile: that is really busy schedule! just out of curosity what part of the course have you found most interested in, you know in the Quest scholarship they have that question and im pretty stuck on it!
Reply 155
Original post by Singy01
Yes. When I open the document it does have the grey boxes. At first I couldn't work out what was wrong as I was unable to type anything but I had a message popping up telling me to enable macros and then it worked fine. What's your problem?

Cool on picking Sheffield by the way!! :biggrin: why are you deciding on going there?

I realised that because my word is really old it just wasn't letting me do anything so I've been doing on the college computer. But thanks for the help anyway!
I just loved sheffield as soon as I got there and the department was really good compared to the other unis I looked at :smile: what about you?
Reply 156
Original post by sbabz11
we had to go there for our Bio trip! :smile: that is really busy schedule! just out of curosity what part of the course have you found most interested in, you know in the Quest scholarship they have that question and im pretty stuck on it!

For the question i put design. My favourite thing so far was a design project (masterplan of revitalising tohuku). It is hard to know. Look v. deeply into your uni course.
bath is known for there design. The first year is taught with architecture i beleive so you could discuss that maybe.
Reply 157
Original post by astrojg
For the question i put design. My favourite thing so far was a design project (masterplan of revitalising tohuku). It is hard to know. Look v. deeply into your uni course.
bath is known for there design. The first year is taught with architecture i beleive so you could discuss that maybe.

thanks! Ya im writing something along the lines I finished my application i'm waiting for my tutor to check it before sending! thanks so much for the help! :biggrin:
Quick question, does anyone know which means of communication they use to contact you regarding if you have got an interview? Is it an email or a phone call? Only because I will be on holiday at the beginning of July, and I don't want to miss my place! (if I get it!!)

Reply 159
Original post by Mackers345
Quick question, does anyone know which means of communication they use to contact you regarding if you have got an interview? Is it an email or a phone call? Only because I will be on holiday at the beginning of July, and I don't want to miss my place! (if I get it!!)

Last year all communication was by email.

Quick Reply

Latest