The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Original post by jeddybed
sorry for being intrusive, but may I know your grades and GCSEs?

Hi, i'm an International Applicant, so I took GCE A levels International, I obtained 8As in total
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 3981
Original post by kjtys
Hi, i'm an International Applicant, so I took GCE A levels International, I obtained 8As in total

congrats! wow, 8As in A2?! thats godlike.
Original post by dutchie1
Okay, so i want your honest opinion. I wrote a bit of poetry. Eyo check me out.

****'s gettin tougher,
Still waiting on that offer
Lse stop with yo messin
Ma brothas be stressin
We wanna know, where we gotta go
Checked my mail 5 times in a row, so
Bring out those results
(What rhymes with results???)

Someone wanna help out?

Results = faults, assaults, adults,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3983
Original post by pranatirao
I applied to Sociology again. Sorry if I already asked you this but what was your predicted?

I'm predicted A*AA, but I think my GCSEs will reflect badly on me and I'm resisting a AS unit. What are you predicted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any offers/rejections today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3985
Any offers? Anyone????
Reply 3986
I am certain lse give out the majority of offers in Fridays?
Anyone?
LSE must be waiting till tomorrow to give out more decisions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it offers on Thursday, rejections on Friday?..because that would be interesting.
Original post by kjtys
Hi all, this post came a little late.

I received an offer for Straight Economics last Friday, 10 Jan. I applied on the 1st of November.

All the best for those awaiting replies!

Please tell me what your gcses/aslevels and predictions were :smile:
Original post by kjtys

Wow that's amazing! What subjects were they in? :smile:
Original post by corax
I'm predicted A*AA, but I think my GCSEs will reflect badly on me and I'm resisting a AS unit. What are you predicted?

Posted from TSR Mobile

39 points in the IB
Good luck! i'm sure it is fine, my Grade 9 and 10 grades were not that impressive either.
Has anyone here received offers AFTER receiving the 'your a strong applicant in this cycle'...?
Reply 3994
Original post by saimaahmadd
Has anyone here received offers AFTER receiving the 'your a strong applicant in this cycle'...?

Yea I did
got it few weeks ago
for econ
Original post by jonnytsc
Yea I did
got it few weeks ago
for econ

what were your gcses/aslevels/predictions like ? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Okay so basically I have applied to do philosophy and economics at LSE. But, now I am thinking that maybe a straight economics degree at a lower university but still a Russell group university would be better. I mean in order to reapply for an economics degree I'd have to take a gap year. But, its just because everyone tells me there is very little I can do with a philosophy degree even if its at LSE in terms of jobs and I really want a high paying job in the city. Also, since I want to do my masters in financial economics at cambridge/oxford, they require a lot of economics and maths modules which philosophy and economics does not offer. What do you guys think please give me some advice?
Any offers today?? Are they all gonna be tomorrow???
Original post by bshrestha
Okay so basically I have applied to do philosophy and economics at LSE. But, now I am thinking that maybe a straight economics degree at a lower university but still a Russell group university would be better. I mean in order to reapply for an economics degree I'd have to take a gap year. But, its just because everyone tells me there is very little I can do with a philosophy degree even if its at LSE in terms of jobs and I really want a high paying job in the city. Also, since I want to do my masters in financial economics at cambridge/oxford, they require a lot of economics and maths modules which philosophy and economics does not offer. What do you guys think please give me some advice?

Do you have an offer? Personally I'd go with LSE. I'm applying for phil and econ too and you can tailor your degree to be more econ and econometrics orientated. Also phil would give valued analytical etc skills which I think Oxbridge really like. And they don't really like you taking a gap year if you're going for a very maths-based degree as you fall out of practice.
If you're sitting with an offer from LSE right now I think it would be a mistake not to take it. And if you're going for a career in the city then definitely get LSE on your CV. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending