The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Seems ok to me, don't let other peoples opinion put you off.
I know a 19 year old guy who goes out with a 17 year old girl, and they seem to be doing fine.

Of course, you'll probably have to put up with the obvious 'paedophile' jokes from some people, but if you can cope with that, then go ahead!
Reply 3
No theres nothing weird about that at all.
Both over the age of consent (even though you don't believe in pre-marital sex) so there's no problem.
It's only two years, my aunt and uncle have a 16 year age gap!
Reply 4
It's only two years which is normally not a gap at all. Even in late teens it isn't exactly a big gap.
Reply 5
I think that's fine, I've seen way weirder age gaps!
Reply 6
Not even a problem, go for it.
Reply 7
I don't think it's weird at all! It's only a 2 year difference, no one thinks that a 21 year old and 23 year old going out is weird, so 17 and 19 should be no different :smile:
Fine.
Well I'm 17 and my boyfriend turns 21 in two months, and no-ones ever questioned me or given me funny looks about it :L
Your age2+7=Minimum age you can date192+7=16.5\frac{Your \ age}{2} + 7 = Minimum \ age \ you \ can \ date \\ \frac{19}{2} + 7 = 16.5

She makes it!
Original post by This Honest
Fine.

All that needs to be said, really. I'm always a little surprised people still ask these questions.
Reply 12
When I was 16 my boyfriend was 20, no big deal, never really noticed the difference to be honest.
Reply 13
I was 17 when me and my then girlfriend now fiancee got together when she was 19. Nothing odd about it whatsoever.
Reply 14
Just don't make a p0rno with her and it's cool.
That was my age gap last year...so I think it's perfectly reasonable (Now 18 and 20 :P )

My parents have ten years between them and my grandparents have roughly 16!
Reply 16
i would wait until she is 18 to be on the safe side
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Your age2+7=Minimum age you can date192+7=16.5\frac{Your \ age}{2} + 7 = Minimum \ age \ you \ can \ date \\ \frac{19}{2} + 7 = 16.5

She makes it!

Oh my days, did you actually use Latex for this?! If so, legendary!

EDIT: why did I get negged for this?!! It was only a question!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Only problem is you might not be able to go out to bars or clubs together but that is literally it. Not weird at all :smile:
Reply 19
yeah its only 2 yrs difference

Latest

Trending

Trending