The Student Room Group

Applying for student finance, can someone clear this up for me?

So I've filled out my finance form I'm just waiting on the evidence part, but something is confusing me. Through my application it was telling me that I am estimated to get a certain amount for an Assembly Learning Grant. When I finished my application the ALG section now says;

Amount requested: N/A , and then next to it it says I am entitled to an amount :confused:

So this leads me to think now I am not eligible because of the N/A, however I am wondering if the N/A means I can't get it, or it just says this because I am not able to request how much I want of the ALG, and I might still get it. Because if I am not eligible why does it say how much I am entitled too?

So if I've made any sense, can someone clear this up for me?

Edit: It also says N/A on my Tuition fee grant, but says I am entitled to a certain amount?
(edited 11 years ago)
N/A means they are still assessing how much you will get, it does not mean you won't be receiving it. It is not an error, it is standard procedure for people applying for grants and other allowances. I have applied to student finance three times for each year of my course and have qualified for a grant each time, it always says N/A until they know exactly how much you are entitled to.

When you receive your full breakdown of how much you will receive and when in the post, it should show you the correct amounts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending