The Student Room Group

Student finance application LATE CLEARING

I only applied to student finance on 14 September because on that day I received an offer from university. It was a clearing application.

My major concerns is that 1) it has been so last minute that I am having to hand my notice in at work and begin the course before I’ve even had confirmation that student finance will fund me (previous study, however speech and language therapy I’m certain falls under a special criteria meaning I can get second degree funding?!) so that it feels very risky
And 2) they say it takes 6-8 weeks to process but then how long could it take to get paid? On my SFE account it says that next update will be in July 2024? Which I’m hoping is a mistake?

So I am giving up my job and going without any source of income without an idea of if and when I will be paid.

I know it’s a case of it’s what I signed up for but I naively guessed SFE would have something in place for students applying through clearing
Reply 1
Hi, congrats on your late offer, but sorry that the SFE position is so challenging.

Might be worth posting in the ask SFE area of TSR.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910

This is the medical schools section so unfortunately people aren't best placed to answer your question here.

I hope you manage to get it sorted quickly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending