The Student Room Group
Reply 1
when i say talk to pretty people i don't mean like when im trying to chat someone up etc, i mean at work, socially etc
Reply 2
1. I very much doubt people at work are on the look-out for potential partners. they are there to a job just like you, im sure you are equal in their minds.

2. go find yourself a girlfriend to boost self-confidence.
Reply 3
Anonymous
I'm not exactly handsome or anything, I think I'm an ugly guy. and I have this thing where i think people are always looking down on me, when i talk to pretty people etc i always think they are thinking that I'm like a bit of **** on their shoe. I want to stop thinking like this but i can't :frown:

Yeah. Sucks, doesn't it?
What is with all these 'I am ugly threads'. Maybe you are, most likely you are not as bad as you think. But what the hell are we going to do about it. Unless you are going to opt for surgery, just what is the point. All you'll get are the same utterly useless 'oh it's personailty that counts' responses or similar.
Anonymous
I'm not exactly handsome or anything, I think I'm an ugly guy. and I have this thing where i think people are always looking down on me, when i talk to pretty people etc i always think they are thinking that I'm like a bit of **** on their shoe. I want to stop thinking like this but i can't :frown:

Build your confidence. Buy a self-help book or something.
Reply 6
I get that too though and I'm not ugly. I always assume people are looking at me and laughing and saying awful things. I've always assumed I was just developing paranoid schizophrenia.
Think you are good looking and maybe you will start to believe that and there you go..been studying social psychology :p:
Reply 8
Only when you believe you are good looking will others start to see that confidence portrayed as a attractive quaility in your personality.
When i talk to someone good looing, my freinds will be like "your doing it again" and ill ask "what am i doing?" and they tell me to stop talking to myself. :p:
Anonymous

In the Chelsea dressing room before they beat Man United to win the Premiership title...
Jose Mourinho
Now - go and be champions.

Be champions. Do it. Love it.

And if you don't do it, you can kill yourself - and take off the week.

Be champions.
Reply 11
Profesh
Yeah. Sucks, doesn't it?

lollllllllllllll
rofl
lmao!
Reply 12
sim90
lollllllllllllll
rofl
lmao!

You're easily impressed, aren't you.
Reply 13
his location shows that as well
Reply 14
I very much doubt that people would be talking to you and thinking you are ugly. Anyone that would be so mean and shallow isn't worth worrying about anyway. People are essentially quite self absorbed. Nobody is going to worry themselves about what you look like - they are probably more concerned with what they look like. Your own looks are only really a bit deal to you. You sound like you have confience issues though, and I'm not sure what the answer is to that. Just tell yourself that people are lucky to be talking to you, not the other way round.

Latest

Trending

Trending