The Student Room Group

My GCSE prediction grades?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Caitlan
Don't panic about your levels in year 9. I did awfully in them, with teachers telling me C/B was my potential.

I'm going into my exams looking comfortably at 6 to 8 A*s with As in everything else. My teachers now consider me Oxford material, where I dream of studying Law.

Don't be put down by the stupid level system in lower years. There were people on amazingly high levels in year 9, and are no struggling to get five a*-c

I'm in year nine, and I am also interested in a career in corporate law and I would love to study law at Oxford. However, take notice my mind is not set on this career it's just a carer which interests me significantly.
May I ask what you achieved in your GCSE's and my grades are listed below. I'm not showing off I would be grateful though if you could take the time to notice them, and I have realized that achieving A*/A's is all due to the effort you put in, in year 10/11.

Maths: 8c/8b
English: level 7's (it varies on the exams we take)
Science: 7a
R.E: 7c (I achieved an A* on my mocks)
ICT: 7b
Spanish: 6b
History: A/B started this year - taking exam in year 11
Reply 21
I have been scrolling down all the above replies. How lovely is was to read the positive remarks. I have a daughter who is in yr nine, and have just received her predicted results...It was great to hear many success results were met, especially when their own predicted GCSE's results were maybe a little disappointing...As a parent, it is pleasing to read that my daughter can achieve higher grades, despite what her predicted GCSE results are, her results were mostly, 6c's. and has been predicted C1, C2 and C3 in her main subjects....I now have the quiet confidence that my daughter can achieve any grade she desires if she puts her mind to it. Thank you to you all for your encouragement to the young person's thread...and to a single mum who only wants the best for her children :smile: good luck in the future to you all.
Ds or Cs in every subject I'm yr 7 my levels are:
English: 6C
Maths: 8B
Science: 6B
German: 4A
I'm predicted A*s and As in every subject
Reply 23
I am just going to write this for anyone who is experiencing this at this time (March 2015).

You cannot entirely predict the results which you will end up achieving by the end of your GCSE courses as the average and predictions change dependant on what board you/your school are following. On the other hand, a rather simple prediction for your end of GCSE's are these:

5C - this level by the end of Year 9 is (unfortunately) below the estimated average of what pupils should be achieving but that is not to say that these levels cannot be improved over time (search on Google: how to improve grades in school). This level generally is the equivalent to a scraping C (C-) by the end of GCSE.

5B - this level is similar to a 5C and is still below the estimated average of what pupils should be earning. This level generally is the equivalent to a solid C by the end of GCSE.

5A - this level is the grade which many pupils in Year 9 a achieve at the end of the year, but this can be massively improved around the country, equivalent to a C+, scraping the B- boundary.

6C/B/A - these grades are where most Year 9's should be aiming for by the end of the year, a fairly standard level for people to get, the equivalent to a solid B-/+.

7C/B/A - congratulations, you are above the estimated average level for Year 9, keep trying your best. This is the equivalent to a B+, A- and A grades.

Anything above level 7 is considered superb and you will be predicted between an A and an A* (normally). Keep trying your best in your earlier years because later on, you will begin to struggle and find yourself falling behind. Keep on top of the game and finish your school work and homework, revise a lot now to consolidate your knowledge, goos-luck.
Original post by daisymaclennan

You're in year 7??!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
To right
My French class year 7-9 was really disruptive and I didn't learn anything, now that I've taken it for gcse ( don't know what I was thinking) I'm worried I won't get a good grade, everyone in my class is super good.
I got a 6c at the end of the year. What do you think I should be predicted for gcse ?
Please don't predict your grades based off of NC levels. You will change so much, and learn so much by the time you have your exams in year 11. NC levels are a really, really bad measure of performance, and really, you should ignore them.

N.B. when you sit your GCSEs, your grades will most likely be a mixture of numbers and letters due to GCSE reforms.
Original post by Namige
Wow, isn't a 5C where you should be at when you're 11? I was at 7s in year 9 and ended up getting A/A*s and 2Bs at gcse. I reckon you'll get mostly Cs and maybe 1 or 2 Bs at gcse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lmfao you **** :biggrin: why the f are you putting him down like that gtfo of here :argh:
Reply 29
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
lmfao you **** :biggrin: why the f are you putting him down like that gtfo of here :argh:
Blame truth.
Reply 30
No offence, but I was achieving 6as in year 9 and that predicted me a c grade, not sure what system your teachers are using
that was harsh... everybody has the chance to improve .... and everybody is at different abilities do remember that when commenting you cold be putting people down!!
Original post by Namige
Blame truth.

this forum is to motivate children not put them down!
Original post by Calllu-m
You're not in a position to make that call. You don't know the OP.

Honestly OP, national curriculum grades mean very little. You should start revising early for GCSE. I personally was average at Maths (4A) but worked my ass off to get a B and do Maths now for the IB and I'm hoping for a 6 (out of 7). GCSEs are all about the work you put in.

shots being fired
Original post by Everclare
My French class year 7-9 was really disruptive and I didn't learn anything, now that I've taken it for gcse ( don't know what I was thinking) I'm worried I won't get a good grade, everyone in my class is super good.
I got a 6c at the end of the year. What do you think I should be predicted for gcse ?

maybe a b but that is still good
Original post by daisymaclennan

wtf you are smart you have higher grades than me in maths and i am in year 8
english:6a
maths:6a
science:7a
german;7a
Original post by cheekymonkey14
if I am a 4c what would be mine GCSE grade

um A grade 4 or higher will be achieved by the same proportion of pupils who currently attain a grade C or higher.A grade 5 is intended to act as a benchmark against international standards. The proposal is to set this at between half and two-thirds of a grade above the minimum required for a current grade C.A grade 7 should be set such that the proportion achieving at grades 7, 8 or 9 should be the same as those who were awarded A or A* in the last year of current GCSE examinations.Approximately half of the proportion awarded A* should achieve a grade 9.Two options are suggested for current G grade:Class as ungraded so that grade 1 is equivalent to current grade FMerge current grades G and F to become new grade 1Decisions about grades 2, 3 and 6 and how they compare with current grades will be considered after responses to this consultation.
this is for any body who needs helpon their grades

A grade 4 or higher will be achieved by the same proportion of pupils who currently attain a grade C or higher.

A grade 5 is intended to act as a benchmark against international standards. The proposal is to set this at between half and two-thirds of a grade above the minimum required for a current grade C.

A grade 7 should be set such that the proportion achieving at grades 7, 8 or 9 should be the same as those who were awarded A or A* in the last year of current GCSE examinations.

Approximately half of the proportion awarded A* should achieve a grade 9.

Two options are suggested for current G grade:

Class as ungraded so that grade 1 is equivalent to current grade F

Merge current grades G and F to become new grade 1

Decisions about grades 2, 3 and 6 and how they compare with current grades will be considered after responses to this consultation.

Quick Reply

Latest