The Student Room Group

End of KS3 Exams!?!?

Hi,

I have end of KS3 exams around about mid-May. I have been revising ever since i was informed. I am in top-set for every subject apart from english (set 2). I need tips and advice (they would be greatly appreciated). :biggrin:

And also are the levels we get at KS3, going to be our predicted grades for GCSE?

Aasif

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aasif007
Hi,

I have end of KS3 exams around about mid-May. I have been revising ever since i was informed. I am in top-set for every subject apart from english (set 2). I need tips and advice (they would be greatly appreciated). :biggrin:

And also are the levels we get at KS3, going to be our predicted grades for GCSE?

Aasif

If you have these, they will be internal exams, there are no longer national externally-marked KS3 exams.

Your school might give you initial GCSE predictions based on your KS3 exams, however these will not be accurate. You will get much better predictions after Year 11 mock exams.

Also, don't stress too much, Year 9 is the last year where you can practically have a stress-free year. After that it is real exams every summer.

I didn't revise for my KS3 exams at all and I think I did decently in them if I remember correctly, but again, don't work too hard, just maybe do a bit and learn stuff that you don't understand properly (Especially in subjects like Maths, because you need a solid foundation).
Reply 2
Original post by ThatPerson
If you have these, they will be internal exams, there are no longer national externally-marked KS3 exams.

Your school might give you initial GCSE predictions based on your KS3 exams, however these will not be accurate. You will get much better predictions after Year 11 mock exams.

Also, don't stress too much, Year 9 is the last year where you can practically have a stress-free year. After that it is real exams every summer.

I didn't revise for my KS3 exams at all and I think I did decently in them if I remember correctly, but again, don't work too hard, just maybe do a bit and learn stuff that you don't understand properly (Especially in subjects like Maths, because you need a solid foundation).

Can you remember what levels you got?

And also, thanks for the advice :wink:
Reply 3
trust me don't start revising in year 9, you'll do plenty of that later, trust me. Just enjoy yourself a bit and maybe look over your work a week before the test. I did pretty good without much revision or dedication. Its nothing to be stressed about.
Can you remember what levels you got?

And also, thanks for the advice :wink:

Nope, it was too long ago, plus I didn't really care at the time. To be honest, I still don't care about my predicted grades, because I know what I am capable of with full revision.
Reply 5
Don't listen to these idiots. Do start revising now, or you'll get put in a dumb bottom set and you can kiss your A*'s goodbye.
Reply 6
Lol... Revising for ks3. If your a proper good student you can move out a set with hard work and good marks regardless of those useless stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hi,

Aasif

Revising for KS3? I never realised such a thing existed!

Don't get too hung up, like some other guy said year 9 is your last stress free year (i'd say ever because after that it's exams every year for the next 7-10 years and then work for 50-60 years).

Keep up this work ethic through GCSE, A Level and uni and you'll do fine!
Reply 8
I think you guys are right that yr 9 is my last stress-free year. I wont stress it too much :biggrin:
Reply 9
Ah, I remember KS3... We only had internal exams in Maths, English and Science, for which I received 8M, 7U, and 8L respectively (with U being Upper, M being middle, and L being lower). No idea if you use that grading system (I seem to remember my primary school used Levels 3-5 with A/B/C). I don't think I did any revision before hand, but hey - it was many years ago - I may be wrong.
I think you guys are right that yr 9 is my last stress-free year. I wont stress it too much :biggrin:

Actually the poster above does has a good point.

Are you Science/Maths classes grouped in sets? If so, then try at least to get a good enough mark to get into the top set (Do they do further maths GCSE in your school?).

Although I doubt you need to do proper serious revision for KS3 exams, so don't stress yourself out.
Reply 11
It seems such a long time ago..
I never revised so much for my ks3 exams.
Your GCSE predicted grades will be from your year 11 mock exams so don't worry about it now.
Go to emaths and ulll get lots of science mock tests.Its very usesull.And u have o start revising in yr 9.
Like most people already said don't put yourself under too much pressure for these KS3 tests, but do try your best to get some good marks because you'll be placed in the top GCSE classes and your predicted should start up quite high, although it wouldn't matter much about the predicted grades since they change so much during the next two years.

As for some good places to get some revision, go over your class exercise books and your notes to refresh yourself of the topics,if you have a revision book like CGP or something then you might want to go over that too, and past papers are one of the best ways to revise for anything, so here are all the KS3 sats papers before they were abolished in 2009 :http://www.emaths.co.uk/index.php/4-students/past-papers/ks3-sat-papers.

Good luck with them :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by ThatPerson
Actually the poster above does has a good point.

Are you Science/Maths classes grouped in sets? If so, then try at least to get a good enough mark to get into the top set (Do they do further maths GCSE in your school?).

Although I doubt you need to do proper serious revision for KS3 exams, so don't stress yourself out.

There aren't any Science/Maths grouped in sets. Further Maths is not a option at GCSE...

Thanks anyway
Reply 15
Thanks everyone for the support! :biggrin:
There aren't any Science/Maths grouped in sets. Further Maths is not a option at GCSE...

Thanks anyway

There is a Further Maths GCSE (Level 2 qualification). I'm doing it. It is basically the same as Additional Maths, if you've heard of that.

http://aqamaths.aqa.org.uk/index.php?CurrMenu=294
i think ur right start revsing now so u get use to it what o they know before i did the same what did i get?
c's and d's for my predicted grades thats why i revised and got a's and a*'s as well as b's
I have exams soon I need motivation to revise I don't mind doing bad in history art dt and french cause I'm not doing them for GCSE but I want to do well in English maths and science any tips
Thanks emily
I wanna know what in london/uk U guys give test/exams end of every year or end of stages?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending