The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Psychology at Leeds?

Hello,
Is anyone doing psychology at Leeds right now? What's the course like? (Super hard?) and are you enjoying it? :smile:
Reply 1
Are you attending univeristy this September or next?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by Diamonds_
Are you attending univeristy this September or next?

Next!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hey!
I'm currently in second year psychology at Uni of Leeds. I'd definitely recommend it, the course is difficult (as with any other degree) but it's totally manageable....compared to lots of my other friends, psych is an absolute breeze.
Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions, i'd be happy to answer any!
Reply 4
Are there any mature students in your class? I'm 28 and I'm a bit worried I might be the oldest one in the class! :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Lara5
Are there any mature students in your class? I'm 28 and I'm a bit worried I might be the oldest one in the class! :frown:

Hey, yep!! There's about 9 or 10 mature students in my class with age range going up to about 45 I think? I know a few of them are married with kids etc so don't worry at all. At the end of the day, we're all here to study, we all find it hard sometimes and we all rely on each other for help so don't even give age a second thought and you'll be fine!
(Plus personally I wouldn't even consider 28 to be a mature student!!)
:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Becky_1993
Hey, yep!! There's about 9 or 10 mature students in my class with age range going up to about 45 I think? I know a few of them are married with kids etc so don't worry at all. At the end of the day, we're all here to study, we all find it hard sometimes and we all rely on each other for help so don't even give age a second thought and you'll be fine!
(Plus personally I wouldn't even consider 28 to be a mature student!!)
:smile:

Haha! That's great! Thanks!
Reply 7
Hey!
I'm currently in second year psychology at Uni of Leeds. I'd definitely recommend it, the course is difficult (as with any other degree) but it's totally manageable....compared to lots of my other friends, psych is an absolute breeze.
Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions, i'd be happy to answer any!

What's the workload like? Do we have lectures everyday? Would I have time for 2 or 3 societies?
Reply 8
I'm thinking of applying to Leeds since I also wanna do Psychology. Qualifications?
Reply 9
Has anyone done the industrial year at Leeds? I'm thinking about carrying on with education (either a Masters or a BSc) afterwards and I know the experience would be very helpful but I was wondering what kind of thing it entailed?
Reply 10
Original post by Lara5
What's the workload like? Do we have lectures everyday? Would I have time for 2 or 3 societies?

You'd DEFINITELY have time for 2 or 3 societies. Our course is perfect for this!
You aren't in uni everyday - in fact it's only around 8 hours a week which gives you loooads of extra time to get involved in other uni activities! You get 2 or 3 reports to do in first year (if I remember correctly) but you get loads of help for these and the workload really isn't anything to worry about. You get set reading but this is just for exam purposes rather than anything else :smile:
Reply 11
You'd DEFINITELY have time for 2 or 3 societies. Our course is perfect for this!
You aren't in uni everyday - in fact it's only around 8 hours a week which gives you loooads of extra time to get involved in other uni activities! You get 2 or 3 reports to do in first year (if I remember correctly) but you get loads of help for these and the workload really isn't anything to worry about. You get set reading but this is just for exam purposes rather than anything else :smile:

Thank you soooo much! You were incredibly helpful! :smile:
I'll stop pestering you now.. but thanks for all the info!
Reply 12
Original post by Lara5
Thank you soooo much! You were incredibly helpful! :smile:
I'll stop pestering you now.. but thanks for all the info!

Hope you 'love your time at Leeds' .... You'll hear that A LOT over the next 3 years heheh
x

Quick Reply

Latest