Spoiler

Bench

Spoiler

Press

Spoiler

Deadlift

Spoiler

Wtf, squats shouldn't work forearms... or chest. :s-smilie:

The deadlift image is crap as well for leaving out forearms lol.
Reply 41
Original post by tooosh

I assume the paler color means it works them less, although yeah that is very true.., if it hadn't been 1am I would have probably looked for better ones, like here:

Squat:

Spoiler

Deadlift:
There was another image with secondary muscles worked which is here :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by Idle
Squats

Spoiler

Bench

Spoiler

Press

Spoiler

Deadlift

Spoiler

So you're telling me that squats work the pecs, bi's and tri's, and overhead press doesn't work the delts.. what is this ****
Original post by tooosh

If you're gripping the bar hard enough then forearms could plausibly be a secondary muscle, but chest I have no idea.
Reply 44
Original post by marcus2001
If you're gripping the bar hard enough then forearms could plausibly be a secondary muscle, but chest I have no idea.

Yeah technically but it shouldn't mean anything. Whether you grip the bar hard or not should make no difference to the lift. You could say that for tensing any muscle in any exercise.
Reply 45
Original post by marcus2001
So you're telling me that squats work the pecs, bi's and tri's, and overhead press doesn't work the delts.. what is this ****

Read above :smile:
Reply 46
I'm totalling up my estimated cals.

Spoiler

I'm guessing your thoughts are too little cals, or too little carbs.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by tehforum
I'm totalling up my estimated cals.

Spoiler

I'm guessing your thoughts are too little cals, or too little carbs.

Da*** man only 1100-1200 cals?

How tall are you and how much do you weigh? I think no matter your height, everyone should take 2000 cals as their base and then see if you lose anything for 2/3 weeks and adjust accordingly.
Reply 48
Original post by Ultimate1
Da*** man only 1100-1200 cals?

How tall are you and how much do you weigh? I think no matter your height, everyone should take 2000 cals as their base and then see if you lose anything for 2/3 weeks and adjust accordingly.

Well, the weird thing is, I don't feel really hungry or whatever. Probably need to up the carbs to maintain energy so I can actually work.
(edited 10 years ago)
Well, the weird thing is, I don't feel really hungry or whatever. Probably need to up the carbs to maintain energy so I can actually work.

Bro what is wrong with you lol? I'm cutting on 2000 with mainly good wholesome filling foods and I feel hungry as **** all the time :tongue:
Reply 50
Original post by AreebWithaHat
Bro what is wrong with you lol? I'm cutting on 2000 with mainly good wholesome filling foods and I feel hungry as **** all the time :tongue:

eh, I was like that before I started this whole lifestyle change, I would just eat and eat and eat in excess of 2000 cals.
eh, I was like that before I started this whole lifestyle change, I would just eat and eat and eat in excess of 2000 cals.

You gonna screw up your metabolism then become someone who puts on weight very easily despite low calories, and feel tired all the time.

1200kcal for a guy? That's low for a 13 year old girl.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 52
Original post by silent ninja
You gonna screw up your metabolism then become someone who puts on weight very easily despite low calories, and feel tired all the time.

1200kcal for a guy? That's low for a 13 year old girl.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I tell you now, it was way in excess of 2000cals.

I'll just eat more carbs.

btw, I thought I was having more cals - never expected main meal to be so low in cals.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 53

Well your metabolism will mess up with such low cals and you will look like utter crap after you finish your cut, you will just basically be the textbook definition of skinny fat.

So it's better for you to eat at around 2000 cals and lift consistently. Trust me brah it's better in the long run.

And yeah definitely eat more carbs especially on your workout days. Add some wholemeal bread and some more foods rich with fiber.

We're all here for support brah, we're all gonna make it.
Reply 54
Original post by Ultimate1
Well your metabolism will mess up with such low cals and you will look like utter crap after you finish your cut, you will just basically be the textbook definition of skinny fat.

So it's better for you to eat at around 2000 cals and lift consistently. Trust me brah it's better in the long run.

And yeah definitely eat more carbs especially on your workout days. Add some wholemeal bread and some more foods rich with fiber.

We're all here for support brah, we're all gonna make it.

Got it.

Also, atm, I'm going to try lifting everyday. Cannot do squats and deadlifts without my legs killing me. So today I just did upper i.e bench, OHP, and bicep curls. I'll see how I feel in the morning and see if I can squat and deadlift, otherwise, it'll be the same i.e bench, OHP and curls.
Reply 55
Got it.

Also, atm, I'm going to try lifting everyday. Cannot do squats and deadlifts without my legs killing me. So today I just did upper i.e bench, OHP, and bicep curls. I'll see how I feel in the morning and see if I can squat and deadlift, otherwise, it'll be the same i.e bench, OHP and curls.

You are trying to lift everyday on 1200 calories? And doing deads every session? That is like suicide, you are going to stall on such low weights.
Reply 56
Original post by Idle
You are trying to lift everyday on 1200 calories? And doing deads every session? That is like suicide, you are going to stall on such low weights.

Well I've only some the full bench/deadlift/squat twice.

Had a rest in between that those two sessions.

Third one should be tomorrow (been two days since I did squats and deadlifts).

It's more like 1500 cals if you factor in the bread.

I can make up 500 cals by eating some pasta + sauce for lunch.
Reply 57
Original post by Idle

^This. There's modifying the program like switching to 5x5 or adding curls etc, then there's ****ing with it like moving the compounds around or doing it every day. What benefit do you expect the changes you've made to bring?
Reply 58
Got it.

Why do you want to be lifting everyday? Why not do cardio on days after lifting?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by 419
Why do you want to be lifting everyday? Why do cardio on days after lifting?

Practise.

So you guys are saying I should 2000cals, and lift every other day?

The only reason I've been lifting is to fill up the gaps by doing upper body.

But I guess that's wrong?

Quick Reply

Latest