The Student Room Group

GCSE Eng Lit Higher Unit 1 exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by i90Elite
No I'm doing the normal GCSE. I'm retaking Unit 1and as for Unit 2: My cluster is Conflict what about you?

I meant for science :smile:
I'm doing relationships

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by sammyj11
When there is a two part question, a and b, can they be answered together or should they be answered separately?

My teacher told me the other day that you should definitely not put the answers together. Apparently the exam board have said they want them to be separate as they are looking for you to answer two questions separately. One from an extract of the novel and the other from the book as a whole. You may be able to make links across texts but you should show clearly question (a) and question (b)
Reply 22
Original post by Olympiad
I meant for science :smile:
I'm doing relationships

Posted from TSR Mobile

Science im also doing normal gcse double award unfortunately, could've done triple but don't know what I was doing back then, realistically my lowest overall can be A but lets hope I can get A*
Oh ok can you inbox it please and as for of mice and men is there any chance you could scan it :colondollar:

Here's some random pages, tell me if you want more if you find them helpful:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368438825.431987.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1368438841.223233.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368438871.371530.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1368438889.102492.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1368438931.138619.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1368438946.249791.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1368438981.857673.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1368438996.721765.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1368439027.618472.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Here's some random pages, tell me if you want more if you find them helpful:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368438825.431987.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1368438841.223233.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368438871.371530.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1368438889.102492.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1368438931.138619.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1368438946.249791.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1368438981.857673.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1368438996.721765.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1368439027.618472.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah seems pretty good : )
Reply 25
I once inboxed a user on TSR a structure on how to answer an Inspector calls essay, I'll inbox that to you.
Also, I have tons of resources for Of Mice and men but they are handwritten :/

Could you scan your handwritten repsonses or take a picture of them my email Is [email protected] thanks
Reply 26
Science im also doing normal gcse double award unfortunately, could've done triple but don't know what I was doing back then, realistically my lowest overall can be A but lets hope I can get A*

I'm in exactly the same position as you back in year 8 I couldn't stand science so I didn't choose to do triple science but now Its my favourite subject and I want to do all the sciences at Alevel. I only need 85 ums in B1 and C1 to get an A* overall in core and I'm predicted a A* in additonal which I do next year. How's your revision going ?
Original post by Tsr_helper
Could you scan your handwritten repsonses or take a picture of them my email Is [email protected] thanks

my essays? Tbh they are pretty bad - mostly B's because I didn't bother with them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
I'm in exactly the same position as you back in year 8 I couldn't stand science so I didn't choose to do triple science but now Its my favourite subject and I want to do all the sciences at Alevel. I only need 85 ums in B1 and C1 to get an A* overall in core and I'm predicted a A* in additonal which I do next year. How's your revision going ?

Just managed to get 4 exams out of the way today, gonna have a little nap then start revising b1. For B1 I need an A* and for p2 I need an A to make both core and additional A*. I feel ready for b1 next week but im just going to keep revising till I know every single word in the revision guide
Reply 29
my essays? Tbh they are pretty bad - mostly B's because I didn't bother with them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I have about 5 of your essays, I just want to see how you structure it and how you explain quotes. Havent done this for a year so don't know what im doing
Reply 30
Just managed to get 4 exams out of the way today, gonna have a little nap then start revising b1. For B1 I need an A* and for p2 I need an A to make both core and additional A*. I feel ready for b1 next week but im just going to keep revising till I know every single word in the revision guide

Wow 4 exams bloody hell I only have 1 exam this month and that's on Friday! I'm taking B1oin the 5th of June and C1 on the 10th of June so I've still got a while to revise to get that A*,I'm secretly aiming to get 100 ums on either B1 or C1 as I think I'm capable of doing it,and I just want to prove to myself that I'm really good at science hahah :smile: yeh for my P1 exam in jan which I got an A* in I practically new every definition for all the words that could come up and I could probably write out the whole reviison guide word for word if I had to !! Good luck with our B1 exam hope you get your A* in core and additional ! b1 is pretty easy in my opinion and if your stuck just watch mygcsescience YouTube videos and you can always comment on the videos if you have a question to ask him,he usually replies :smile:
Reply 31

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok lol wrong person I'm guessing to ask about english !,
Oh ok lol wrong person I'm guessing to ask about english !,

LOOL I'm hoping to achieve an A*/A in the exam nevertheless, if you want I should be able to find 3 or 4 A* essays in my folder

It's just that when we do timed ones in class my friends and I just doodle :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
LOOL I'm hoping to achieve an A*/A in the exam nevertheless, if you want I should be able to find 3 or 4 A* essays in my folder

It's just that when we do timed ones in class my friends and I just doodle :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok that would be excellent knowing what an A* response looks like will help me to write my own once again my email is [email protected]
Reply 34
Wow 4 exams bloody hell I only have 1 exam this month and that's on Friday! I'm taking B1oin the 5th of June and C1 on the 10th of June so I've still got a while to revise to get that A*,I'm secretly aiming to get 100 ums on either B1 or C1 as I think I'm capable of doing it,and I just want to prove to myself that I'm really good at science hahah :smile: yeh for my P1 exam in jan which I got an A* in I practically new every definition for all the words that could come up and I could probably write out the whole reviison guide word for word if I had to !! Good luck with our B1 exam hope you get your A* in core and additional ! b1 is pretty easy in my opinion and if your stuck just watch mygcsescience YouTube videos and you can always comment on the videos if you have a question to ask him,he usually replies :smile:

Oh ok ill look that up on youtube. And my friends in triple did their b1 almost 2 years ago and most of them got full marks so I think I should be fine but I'm not gonna be cocky so ill just keep revising over and over again
Reply 35

My gcsescience isn't so useful cos im doing edexcel and the spec is very different
Reply 36

Same thing with me! I really think that if the exam would just ask us to right out the whole revision guide from heart, then the people who actually care about science will put the effort in and get A*
Reply 37

Hey could you inbox me the rest of your of mice and men notes or should I give you my email?
Does anyone have any notes for Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls? Please I'm in desperate need, want to secure my unlikely A in English
Original post by __Student__
Does anyone have any notes for Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls? Please I'm in desperate need, want to secure my unlikely A in English

Might post my of mice and men notes tomorrow - I posted some above

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending