The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deja Vu

TL;DR version: applying to a third option takes no extra effort at this stage - so nothing to lose but potentially something/everything to gain. I'm not saying necessarily that you should consider it equal to your other choices - it's completely fine to have a first/second/third best option (in previous years you actually did rank your choices this way on your application form... awkward!) but surely it is better to apply - seeing as though you're going through the pain in the arse that is UCAS anyway - and leave the "but do I/don't I wanna go down this route" conversation later, if and when you come to that bridge.

I know I'd personally feel like a complete turnip if my other two choices both rejected me and I'd be constantly thinking "what if". Not worth it for the extra few minutes it takes to apply!
S!

Thank you for your long reply! :smile:

This is the other angle I was considering, how annoyed with myself I'd be if this happened! But I'm worried (I know this may sound presumptious but it's just my brain over thinking it all!) That if I were to get an offer first from Schools Direct before hearing from my 'top' choices I'd have to take it as I don't really feel I could turn down what may be my only offer!! So then I'd be in the awkward position of having to accept my third choice before any others?

Am I just seriously over thinking this??

Sorry for any mistakes, it's early and I'm trying to type on my phone :/
Original post by kniamh
Not open yet! I've been checking every half hour. Working abroad so 4 hrs ahead...impatient to get started!! :biggrin:

I'm working abroad too! Where are you? I'm a bit worried they might consider my application an international one, when it's not. :confused:
Original post by Deja Vu

Good luck everyone! I am setting my alarm for 7am regardless.... I know I have more chance of having sex with Jesus than it being live at 7am but hey ho! It's all part of the fun!

Good luck everyone! xxx

(Woops just realised I already said that. Too excited to remove it.... think these tablets are having a weird effect on me!)

Oh god, it's 7:30 and I've had a terrible night's sleep but this just made me laugh like a nutter! And hey- you were right, it's not open yet. :tongue: Glad I'm busy today because I'd be refreshing the page every two minutes wondering why it's not working!
Reply 1383
Original post by MsVictoria
I'm working abroad too! Where are you? I'm a bit worried they might consider my application an international one, when it's not. :confused:

I'm in Abu Dhabi! You? I've never even considered my application being thought of as an international one..I hope it's not! :confused: I doubt it will though..I just really want to get started on it. :smile:
Oooh totally forgot it was today - even though I've been waiting for agggeeesss.

Exciting! Good luck! All my choices are on the search, my PS is ready to go and my referees are on standby!

:biggrin:
Haha. I just got up, frantically getting my kids ready for the school run while I am swearing at the UCAS website because I can't apply - I need to chill out! I have the morning off work, so going to chill for a couple of hours then get back to it. Just so I am not going mad - there is no way to apply for post grad just yet on the website, and also my course isn't even showing up, so I guess it's just a case of waiting?
Reply 1386
I'm going to drop my kids off at pre-school then come back and check it again. If there's still no sign I'm going to go for a run to calm me down! I've got everything ready to go, bar my school reference which I will sort this morning, so it's only filling out a form. I don't know why I'm so het up! God help me if I actually get an interview! :-s
Reply 1387
Anxiety anxiety anxiety...Trying so hard to be patient...

Are they going to put that link for "apply" or NOT?!
I am getting so nervous! Don't think I will complete my application today but I want to get it started already!!
Reply 1389
well, 9 o'clock has been and gone. I'll try again at 10 I guess. tick, tock, tick, tock...
Reply 1390
Good luck everyone hope you all get the choices you want! I'm sure we'll all make fab teachers!!! :wink:
Original post by Deja Vu
If even then. UCAS - God bless them - will probably manage to stuff it up somehow... I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't in a usable state until the weekend and beyond... :colondollar:

Especially as a search 5 minutes ago still showed that a lot of my prospective choices aren't on there, slightly worrying! Even if the courses do not open today - the 21st - the UCAS site has always said we'd be able to "search and apply" from the 21st... I always took that to mean they'd all be on there on the 21st, even just as a search result that can't be applied to until later on when they open. Now I am wondering if they will only show up when the applications for that particular course/uni... grrr. Not sure if I am making sense :colondollar: I just thought that the search part would be fully functional with all courses listed from the 21st, even if they weren't open yet......... Now unless all the unis are waking up early in the morning and getting them up there by mid-afternoon, I am thinking they won't show up unless they're open.

Ah well.

I am supposed to be working at 10:30am in the morning until about 10:30pm tomorrow night. So the only time I will really be able to apply is if it is live first thing in the morning, or at 10pm tomorrow night! Neither are ideal, but I am so excited..... I just wanna apply!

I feel like I have been waiting for years (to be fair, I am almost 23 - I kinda have) just to be able to apply. I really want a place, obviously - but applying is part of the fun. To get to this stage is a great achievement for me. Hopefully fingers crossed I will get a place but if not, I am going to try my best to enjoy the entire process... it has been a weird journey to get to this stage so I am just happy to get here. /xfactor sob story :colone:

Good luck everyone! I am setting my alarm for 7am regardless.... I know I have more chance of having sex with Jesus than it being live at 7am but hey ho! It's all part of the fun!

Good luck everyone! xxx

(Woops just realised I already said that. Too excited to remove it.... think these tablets are having a weird effect on me!)

You've made me laugh on this terrifying day so thank you! X
Original post by Ar1234
Good luck everyone hope you all get the choices you want! I'm sure we'll all make fab teachers!!! :wink:

Aw bless you thank you, and you! x
Anyone..... my personal statement is only 1 line over in the personal statement checker, but says it is 54 lines in word.

Both are including blank lines.

Any ideas?
Reply 1394
Applications have opened everyone!! Just checked now good luck
Can anyone link me to where the information about the different providers is so I can get the right course codes? I can't find it anywhere!!
Ok. What do we put in 'Main Degree Subjects'? We don't have to put all of our modules, surely? Just the subjects eg English, History and Education for me?
Those little question mark help things arent working
No worries, think I got it!

Latest

Trending

Trending