The Student Room Group

Do you often notice people fancying you?

Me, I would welcome this being a more frequent experience. When it does happen I barely believe it. The signs I have come across are 1) telling me their name 2) finding my humour funny! 3) seeking an opportunity to be alone together. What's your experience?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Constantly touchy touchy, excessive laughter and catching the person off guard staring
Reply 2
I wouldn't identify someone telling me their name with them liking me :erm: I'd say just flirtatious comments, being overly touchy, generally silliness.
Nope. I'm an idiot when it comes to these things - OR most likely that no one's ever fancied me. Foreveralone.jpeg :biggrin: :frown:
Reply 4
lol, the title makes it sound like something you catch people doing.

"Hey! I saw that; you were fancying me!"
Reply 5
Original post by de_monies
Nope. I'm an idiot when it comes to these things - OR most likely that no one's ever fancied me. Foreveralone.jpeg :biggrin: :frown:

Get your pike sharpened..
I didn't realise that telling anyone my name means I fancy them. Perhaps in the future I should just keep myself nameless.
24626491.jpg

True story, brahs.
Reply 8
When your chilling/laughing with a couple of girlfrands and you realize someone's been staring at you all along...its very very very uncomfortable...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by infairverona
I didn't realise that telling anyone my name means I fancy them. Perhaps in the future I should just keep myself nameless.

of course it is not at all a sure sign. But on a couple of occasions I have found introducing herself a good sign. Conversely I think aloof, or not interested, girls will avoid it.
Reply 10
Original post by Zarek
Me, I would welcome this being a more frequent experience. When it does happen I barely believe it. The signs I have come across are 1) telling me their name 2) finding my humour funny! 3) seeking an opportunity to be alone together. What's your experience?

Is this one? That's just polite and normal if you meet someone new surely?
I'm a pretty intuitive person so I can easily work out the intentions of people no matter how hard they try at being inconspicuous. So yes, being liked is not a common occurrence for me but yes I can tell very easily.
Reply 12
I like to think so! Yeah I think I usually can tell because they give off a different type of...something *which makes no since*
I can also usually tell if someone's checking me out/watching me which probably doesn't happen very often let's face it.
My fav is double takes, now let's face it that rarely happens!
Reply 13
Hah.
Reply 14
Flirty banter usually gives the game away, also when someone randomly out of the blue asks "So do you have a boyfriend?" when your talking about something completely irrelevant like the weather lol. Ooohh and when they notice the little things, like a change in your hair/perfume.
can tell straight away. can tell if someone is attracted to me even if they're hiding it/normal conversation
Original post by Anonymous
can tell straight away. can tell if someone is attracted to me even if they're hiding it/normal conversation

Share your secrets oh wise one :adore:
Can usually tell yeah. Always wanting to talk to me / generally flirtatious behavior / complimenting me and being genuinely interested in what i have to say / inviting me out just me and them
Reply 18
No, I'm useless at knowing whether or not someone fancies me. I thought my current boyfriend (before we got together) was just being really friendly.

I don't think you can always tell with flirting. Some people flirt (like myself) just because it's fun. I don't assume someone fancies me just because they're flirting with me. Though obviously in my current boyfriend's case, I was wrong.
Reply 19
I only notice it if someone tells me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending