The Student Room Group

Exam stress is affecting my relationship!

My boyfriend and I argued before because he thinks he's stressing me out and causing unnecessary pressure. The thing is, I wasn't expecting my exams to be this hard. He's the only thing getting me through this, he'll put things into perspective. I worried so much about my first one that I was sick, and he reminded me of what I was good at.

We're "talking things through" tomorrow. He is literally the best person, I know every girl says this but I genuinely don't deserve him.

What do I say to him tomorrow? How do I convince him that he's helping rather than hindering me? :frown:
Reply 1
This sounds ridiculous.. your boyfriend sounds a bit ridiculous to be honest. You should be able to simply say ''Your not stressing me out honestly, I am coping better than you think'' and that should be it.
One thing you could though is take him out for a drink , reassure him that way
Definitely have a talk. But try to worry less about him and more about yourself. Exams are you time because you have to focus. It's impossible for your relationship to be 100% when you're putting so much energy elsewhere. He needs to understand that. You need to understand that. And then both move on and set a date after your last exam where you just have time with each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending