The Student Room Group

HELP NEEDED ASAP FOR student finance? THANKS :)

So I have 3 questions and I will really appreciate anyone offering to help this poor soul.

1. I'm 17, and I won't turn 18 until the end of June. How do I apply for a bank account? I tried HSBC, but for student accounts, I need to be 18.

2. It says on the student finance page, In the 3 years prior to the start of the first academic year of your course, did you live outside the UK at any time?

I went on holiday about 2-3 years ago, but the place we lived in was sold. So does it still count that I have lived outside? I mean, I was only there for a maximum of 2 weeks. (Including hotels!)

3. 'Enter the address you will be living at during term-time. If you don't know your term-time address yet, enter your current address.'It asked me when will you move to this address? its my current home address, so do I leave it as it is? I'm not moving anywhere, just staying at uni in the future.

THANK YOUUUUUUU FYI, I did ring student finance but they never picked up!
Original post by Kartoffelnnn
So I have 3 questions and I will really appreciate anyone offering to help this poor soul.

1. I'm 17, and I won't turn 18 until the end of June. How do I apply for a bank account? I tried HSBC, but for student accounts, I need to be 18.

2. It says on the student finance page, In the 3 years prior to the start of the first academic year of your course, did you live outside the UK at any time?

I went on holiday about 2-3 years ago, but the place we lived in was sold. So does it still count that I have lived outside? I mean, I was only there for a maximum of 2 weeks. (Including hotels!)

3. 'Enter the address you will be living at during term-time. If you don't know your term-time address yet, enter your current address.'It asked me when will you move to this address? its my current home address, so do I leave it as it is? I'm not moving anywhere, just staying at uni in the future.

THANK YOUUUUUUU FYI, I did ring student finance but they never picked up!

1) It doesn't need to be a student bank account, it's just ANY bank account that belongs to you, so that Student Finance can pay you your money. You can easily change this information at a later date. If you don't have a bank, go and open one ASAP in branch as you get the details there and then.

2) No, that doesn't count. It's only if you LIVED outside the UK. As in, your parents worked there, you went to school or worked there. Not holidays.

3) Just leave it blank / put your parents address.
1 no idea
2 lol you haven't lived abroad!
3 home address

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending