The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

BBB for an ABB course, will I get in?

Hi guys just posting as I am retaking a history exam on Monday but am starting to get worried as to what would happen If I don't get my needed A. I am applying to Leeds to do History and Sociology and have a conditional offer of ABB and currently have the grades BBB. Does anyone know the likelihood of me being given a place still if I missed the ABB by one grade and my grades remained BBB? Thanks in advanced
Reply 1
I'm in a similar position. I need ABB for my Chinese Studies course at Leeds and I'm sitting on BB at the moment, with a few exams next week (I'm retaking History on Monday as well coincidentally). I don't know an answer for sure, but a lot of it is based on luck. It really depends on the grades other applicants get. If every other applicant got the required grades and you didn't, you probably won't make the course. If a large percentage didn't get the grades, you'll be a lot more likely to get in. It also depends on how many applicants for the course there were. There are other factors of course. They'll look at your references and your personal statement for example.

Going on what I've heard (again, I don't know for sure), I think there's been less and less university applicants generally recently, so there might be more spaces available these days, which will improve your chances. A lot of my friends who are already at university dropped a few grades here and there and they still got on to their courses without any trouble.

Best of luck!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest