The Student Room Group

Imperial Medicine Applicants-2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StephenNaulls
Has anybody got any tips for section 1? Really worried I'm not gonna hit the threshold in that section, the BMAT is so hard :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a BMAT preparation thread if you're interested. If you've got any doubts, you can post them there to get them cleared. They've got plenty of tips and such as well.
Reply 101
Does anyone know examples of what Imperial (GEP) wants when they state you need to show:

Motivation and understanding of medicine as a career
Community activities
Leadership and teamwork
General interests
Referee’s report

I am worried I won't meet all of their criteria!
Reply 102
Original post by utkarsh.ojha
Don't panic mate, I found S1 very hard too. The key is to Practice *A LOT* of questions, and eventually you'll notice questions of similar type start to repeat! I'm going to give you some links:

AS Thinking Skills (exactly like BMAT S1 but with Lots more questions): http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge%20International%20A%20and%20AS%20Level/Thinking%20Skills%20(9694)/

Thinking Skills Assessment (another entrace exam similar to BMAT s1) http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/our-services/thinking-skills/tsa-oxford/preparing-for-tsa-oxford/

Kapplan Free BMAT test : http://www.kaptestglobal.com/sites/kaptestglobal.com/files/bmat-free-test-_0_0.pdf

Oh my .. I just downloaded 55 papers to do. Thats 110 hours. Better get started then huh :bricks:. Thanks for those links though :biggrin:
Officially applying
So worried about section three on the BMAT :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 104
Guys UKCAT 750- lowest VR of 610 does this completely rules Imperial out for GEP ?
2.1 IN ANATOMY ( MISSED 1ST BY 1 MARK !! LOL )
AAB a level and gcses are all As english language B ( to date this makes me laugh,).
I
Original post by hello101
Guys UKCAT 750- lowest VR of 610 does this completely rules Imperial out for GEP ?
2.1 IN ANATOMY ( MISSED 1ST BY 1 MARK !! LOL )
AAB a level and gcses are all As english language B ( to date this makes me laugh,).
I

I would think so :frown: I read on the UKCAT website that for graduate entry they wanted a minimum of 640 in each section last year as a cut-off and is imagine it's only going to go up sadly. Sorry for the bad news :frown: I know how much it sucks, I've been in a similar position with kings for undergrad! I guess you could call them up though and ask just to be 110% sure! Good luckk

[SIZE="1"]Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE
Officially Imperial's applicant :smile:
Reply 107
Thank you so much for your reply.It is such a shame i cant apply looking at how perfect this course is for me ( the structure and what they require ). I am pretty confident that VR will have a low average this year but oh well i guess they will implement this as a lot of people have scored really highly in other sections. Thank you for your kind words i just needed to hear it from someone who could view things objectively.

[QUOTE="ibbyb94;44766761"]I would think so :frown: I read on the UKCAT website that for graduate entry they wanted a minimum of 640 in each section last year as a cut-off and is imagine it's only going to go up sadly. Sorry for the bad news :frown: I know how much it sucks, I've been in a similar position with kings for undergrad! I guess you could call them up though and ask just to be 110% sure! Good luckk

Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE
Original post by hello101
Thank you so much for your reply.It is such a shame i cant apply looking at how perfect this course is for me ( the structure and what they require ). I am pretty confident that VR will have a low average this year but oh well i guess they will implement this as a lot of people have scored really highly in other sections. Thank you for your kind words i just needed to hear it from someone who could view things objectively.

No worries! I myself got 570 in VR but 723 overall so yes VR is cray hard this year! But it wouldnt be worth taking a risk! It's okay, anytime man!

[SIZE="1"]Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE
Has anyone got an email from Imperial confirming that they have received your application?
Imperial is the only one I applied to that hasn't emailed! :s-smilie:
Original post by aspiring doctor!
Has anyone got an email from Imperial confirming that they have received your application?
Imperial is the only one I applied to that hasn't emailed! :s-smilie:

Hey! I'm still waiting for Imperial to get back to me too. But no one else from my school has heard yet either, so don't think we need to worry just yet
Reply 111
I got 640 for verbal reasoning but managed to get 765 overall.

Should I apply to Imperial GEP or should I choose another option instead?
Original post by oz40
I got 640 for verbal reasoning but managed to get 765 overall.

Should I apply to Imperial GEP or should I choose another option instead?

Where else are you applying?
What places would you consider putting down instead of Imperial?
Reply 113
Original post by manupalace
Where else are you applying?
What places would you consider putting down instead of Imperial?

Probably King's since they seem to be the only other UKCAT heavy university.

How is Imperial anyhow?
Does anyone know if you can change one of your choices after your application has been sent?
Original post by AE-SN MEDICAL
Does anyone know if you can change one of your choices after your application has been sent?

Yes, you can on Track :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
Original post by DrumChops
Yes, you can on Track :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

you have to change before 15th october though, right?
All the unis i applied to sent me an e-mail to confirm that they received my application except imperial. Has anyone got anything from them yet???
Original post by AE-SN MEDICAL
All the unis i applied to sent me an e-mail to confirm that they received my application except imperial. Has anyone got anything from them yet???

No, I haven't heard anything either.
Original post by jollygood
No, I haven't heard anything either.

Neither have I. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending